PDA

View Full Version : Early Novmeber DC SEG Glide

wwhopper
11-05-2004, 10:26 AM
Come Join DC SEG in a Fall Glide in and around downtown Washington DC this Satuday November 6th at 2 pm.

LI Glider & Company are coming to DC this weekend and are going to join us in a glide.

Meet at the Hilton Garden Inn Franklin Square, 815 14th Street NW
WDC at 2pm.

Then we will explore the new Downtown DC - Maybe even make our way to the new Gallery Place Building - and see if the are a Segway Friendly place.

Will W Hopper,IFDA
Washington, DC, USA

L.I. Glider
11-05-2004, 11:40 AM
Steven and I are looking forward to this. Looks like it'll be a great day - sunny and 63 (as per weather.com)

See you Saturday.

Regards,
Joanne

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Mahatma Gandhi

wwhopper
11-06-2004, 08:52 PM
Joanne and Steven were great guest today in DC. We had a blast gliding about - even runnning into one of our local DC Segway Tour Guides on our jaunt about town.

We got to show them Chinatown and the arch, the historic Pension Building and the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial, the Navy Memorial, the Decatur House and the Octagon House, as well as other local homes of distinction including the White House.

They got to get the feel of a wonderful fall afternoon glide in the Nation's Capitol. And we hope they return very soon - and bring all of their gliding friends!

Big thanks for brining us our SEG AMERICA membership forms and pins!!!

Now we look forward to hosting a regional SEG AMERICA Meeting in 2005!

Will W Hopper,IFDA
Washington, DC, USA

L.I. Glider
11-08-2004, 11:01 AM
We had a wonderful time! Thanks for being such a great ambassador.

DC is a such a great city for gliding; wide sidewalks, curb cuts at every intersection. The comments from passers-by were all positive and it seemed everyone knew what the Segways were.

We used the Segways exclusively, no need for the car or even mass transit. We went to dinner on them (thanks for the restaurant suggestion Will) and on Sunday toured around the monuments and memorials. We locked them up several times, as a park ranger politely told us that no wheeled devices were allowed in the memorials.

We had a great weekend and I highly recommend anyone going to DC to bring their Segway.

Regards,
Joanne

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Mahatma Gandhi

Stan671
11-11-2004, 01:20 AM
quote:Originally posted by wwhopper

Now we look forward to hosting a regional SEG AMERICA Meeting in 2005!EXCELLENT idea! Let's make it happen!

Stan Dobrowski