PDA

View Full Version : Better View of Segway Carrier

medix
01-17-2003, 09:07 AM
Here's a better view of the carrier.
I love it. It's made going long distances with the Segway so much easier. You don't have to lift it, just roll it up the ramps. You can see the little ramps behind the wheels.

It's hard to see the latch that fits around the neck and secures it there. There are more photos at www.medexpress.net

http://www.kayaklock.com/segway/segcarrier.jpg

GlideMaster
01-17-2003, 09:23 AM
HI medix, love the carrier. I've used aluminum ramps to put the Seg in a vehicle before but I've never transported one on the outside. I just have one thing that would always worry me and that is that one of these great drivers here in Chicago might run into the rear of my vehicle. They might be so transfixed on what is that; trying to get as close as possible at a light to look at the Seg and then run into your car. But it is a great method to carry your glider.

<center>The GlideMaster</center>

medix
01-17-2003, 09:49 AM
Good point, Glidemaster.
No one with a carrier has been hit, yet.
Although, while at a traffic light, a guy was looking so hard at the carrier & Segway on the back of the vehicle, he rear ended another car.
So, yes, it can be a distraction. Still, it is so convenient.

seeya
09-11-2003, 03:26 PM
let me know how much the segway carrier ...include shipping thanks ...seeya

BruceWright
09-11-2003, 03:33 PM
Doesn't this belong in "items for sale" forum?

-Bruce Wright

Segway: Vehicle of Dream

muckle
09-11-2003, 05:24 PM
I'm curious - what type of carrier was the person whose Seg fell off the back of their camper using? (remember when somebody found a beaten up Seg by the side of a road somewhere and posted here to find the owner?)

wayne
09-11-2003, 06:42 PM
Some of you amaze me. We can talk about headlights, GPS units, big tires, odometers, Segway LLC items for sale and more and thats ok.
This forum should be for anything related to the Segway. This carrier is of no interest to me but to some on here I'm sure they would me interested in hearing what others who have one have to say about how it handles the Segway.

Seg-On

Blinky
09-11-2003, 07:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by BruceWright

Doesn't this belong in "items for sale" forum?

-Bruce Wright

quote:Originally posted by wayne

Some of you amaze me. We can talk about headlights, GPS units, big tires, odometers, Segway LLC items for sale and more and thats ok.
This forum should be for anything related to the Segway. This carrier is of no interest to me but to some on here I'm sure they would me [u]interested </u>in hearing what others who have one have to say about how it handles the Segway.

Seg-On

Bruce: Yes, thanks..

Wayne: Segway items for sale are in the SegwayChat Stuff to Buy and Sell (http://www.segwaychat.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=19) area for all those who are [u]interested</u>.

medix: Thank you for the post and welcome to SegwayChat!

http://www.segwaychat.com/photos/Blinky/Blinkyblink.gif http://www.segwaychat.com/photos/Blinky/mrblinky.jpg

wayne
09-11-2003, 07:37 PM
Blinky,

I agree that items FOR SALE should be here.
But items that say they are for sale.
So the next time an LLC tire, lock, Keys, GPS or light is put on the forum please treat everyone equal and MOVE it, for all these items are for sale.
My computer may have not have gotten all the post but I did not read anywhere where MEDIX was asking someone to purchase the carrier. I don't think I even saw a PRICE.

Segway items like this should be left in the forum to discuss as long as no one is trying to get you to purchase the item.

We talk all the time about the price of other items (the P series for one) and those topics are not moved.

Wayne

BruceWright
09-11-2003, 07:58 PM
When I talk about items like a lock or key, I'm not the one selling them.

This was a thread started by the person who sells the carrier, giving a look at the carrier they sell, and a link to where you can buy the carrier.

We have a seperate thread for exactly this reason.

-Bruce Wright

wayne
09-11-2003, 08:21 PM
Like I said, I did not see anyone asking you to purchase the item or even put up a price.

To me it does not matter who puts up an item as long as it is Segway related and they are not pushing FOR SALE on the others.

Anything new, for or about the Segway, is of interest.

If LLC posted an item for sale would it be moved? NO.

Try not make this a private country club. Let people talk about anything that is related to the Segway. Lord knows there are a lot of topics on here every few days the have nothing to do with a Segway. Yet they are still allowed and not moved and I'm glad.
I like some of the things people bring up without having to jump back to another forum to read it.

If I was trying to sell something I would say For Sale and please give me a call.

I have had a couple of things that I wanted to post just to show the others that it could be done or even how to do it without being For Sale. I don't because as soon as I did someone would yell FOR SALE/MOVE.

Wayne

BruceWright
09-11-2003, 08:35 PM

Like I said, I did not see anyone asking you to purchase the item or even put up a price.

Just because someone doesn't say "FOR SALE" doesn't stop it from being an advertisement.

Is this not an ad, even though it doesn't say "For Sale"?

http://www.unb.ca/bookstore/pcsales/images/ipod.jpg

quote:Anything new, for or about the Segway, is of interest.

This isn't a new invention or a new product. Nor was someone asking how to carry a Segway and Medix answered.

All he did was start a thread as a reminder of the object that he has sold for months now. AND he included a link to his company where you can buy it, and he talked about all the great features of his product.

That's an ad.

quote:If LLC posted an item for sale would it be moved? NO.

Well, since LLC doesn't post here, we can't test that. But I think yes, it would be moved to the "for sale" section. You can't charge favoritism or that you're being treated unfairly. Everyone is treated the same on this. If you personally are selling the item, then it goes in "for sale". I don't think that's unreasonable.

quote:
I have had a couple of things that I wanted to post just to show the others that it could be done or even how to do it without being For Sale. I don't because as soon as I did someone would yell FOR SALE/MOVE.

I'd take that up with the Mod's then. But this post was an obvious ad.

-Bruce Wright

wayne
09-11-2003, 08:44 PM
You mean kinka like when someone Post a link to a site that sells a light, gps or etc. How do we know that the person doing the posting isn't making money off these items?

So if I put up the photo of the Segway Carrier and ask if anyone knows something about it that would be ok since I don't sell them.

Wayne

BruceWright
09-11-2003, 08:56 PM

You mean kinka like when someone Post a link to a site that sells a light, gps or etc. How do we know that the person doing the posting isn't making money off these items?

I think the honor system has worked well so far. I assume that if someone got caught trying to spam the main page with ads for products that he secretly got a kickback for, the mods would take action.

quote:So if I put up the photo of the Segway Carrier and ask if anyone knows something about it that would be ok since I don't sell them.

Well, I'm not a mod, but that's how I understand the policy. I've posted pictures of Segways and Segway-related gear for sale on ebay that weren't my auctions, but I found the content amusing.

-Bruce Wright

Brooster
09-11-2003, 10:12 PM
This was one of those "fine line" situations. I wasn't going to move it yet because there wasn't any "for sale" discussion or talk about price, but if one of my fellow moderators decides to move a thread I'll support that decision. In general, stuff that's for sale should be posted in this forum to begin with, so this is probably the right place for it.

It's "all good" ... no big deal. We try our best to be fair, and that's all we can do. :)

Brooster

wayne
09-12-2003, 09:55 AM
Censorship for some but not all. The American way of life.

BruceWright
09-12-2003, 01:40 PM
Wayne, it's not censorship. It's moderation of a website.

This isn't a commercial site. Yet they let you and others advertise and sell your stuff here, absolutely free of charge, and the site is run out of the pocket of Frank.

I'd be more thankful.

-Bruce Wright

wayne
09-12-2003, 02:47 PM
Bruce,
I completely understand.
Being thankful to Frank (that I think we all are) has nothing to do with going by the current rules.
This was not about me selling something, if it was I would have never said anything.

From the way I took it Booster had not found anything wrong with the post but Blinky (who has no e-mail address) moved it on his own.

There is and have been other post similar to the above post that have not been moved.
Since the forum is suppose to be for Segway related items and other Segway related information only then the other topics that are not Segway related should not be allowed.

All I would like to see is as long as no one is pushing for you to purchase an item then the item should not be moved as long as it is Segway related. That goes for keys,gps,tires and etc.

My feeling is that new people are coming on board everyday and a lot of the items Segway related would be of interest to them. Some questions and etc. may be asked about an item from these members.

As for a topic being moved, since most know that I do make some items for sale, if I posted something new that I had no intension of selling since my name was on the post it would be moved. This has already been done.

Fine lines are hard to see sometimes but I wish someone would take a second look before leaping.

Like Booster said,there is a fine line. I think as long as you do not cross the line a topic should not be moved.

I will agree,Frank does put in a lot of time and funds on this site and does not get the recognition he should.Maby we should help fund this site since we all seem to enjoy it and get a lot of information from it. Would you be willing Bruce?

Seg-On

Glide safe and have fun.

Wayne

BruceWright
09-12-2003, 04:28 PM
Wayne,

That's the best explanation of your position. I understand where you're coming from on this now. Thanks for explaining it to me. Sorry if I was being a bit impatient.

Yes, I think we should help Frank on this one. Maybe he could put a paypal honor system button on the page.

-Bruce Wright

Sal
09-17-2003, 02:43 PM
The Bang & Olufsen group I belong to (Beoworld.co.uk) has a Donations page. They don't solicit donations, but will accept them if they are made. Lists of donators are made and posted on the site. Maybe such a page and medium of donations should be made for this great site. For the short time I have been a member I have received invaluable advice, encouragement, and support.

I would love to show thanks.

-Sal

Murray Fisher
09-26-2003, 11:36 AM
quote:Originally posted by muckle

I'm curious - what type of carrier was the person whose Seg fell off the back of their camper using? (remember when somebody found a beaten up Seg by the side of a road somewhere and posted here to find the owner?)

RE the SEg that fell of someones RV.....I have simple ramps that run mine into a side compartment. Then take off the power shaft and lay it to one side. No danger of falling off or out. I built a carrier for the car that goes in the Type III trailer hitch and is also simple and loads unloads in seconds....no danger of falling off either.

Murray Fisher

herpos
10-11-2003, 01:22 PM
I am sure now with all the discussion in this tread about his carrier that no one will object to including my carrier that is a competitor for comparison purposes. Viewable at the website below:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/segtray/index.htm

jrmiller
08-05-2004, 10:00 AM
Greetings, I have owned a Segtray for over a year now and it stilll looks like new. I live close to the Gulf of Mexico and the salt air does not seem to bother it. The way it is constructed I do not see how it could let the HT fall unless there was a complete failure of the trailer hitch installed on the rear of the vehicle. My wife loves it due to the ease of loading and unloading which is a big reason I purchased it as I may not be able to assist in the future. 2 thumbs up...... JR SEG-ON SEG-RIGHT

RAG1247
08-05-2004, 02:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by BruceWright

Wayne, it's not censorship. It's moderation of a website.

This isn't a commercial site. Yet they let you and others advertise and sell your stuff here, absolutely free of charge, and the site is run out of the pocket of Frank.

I'd be more thankful.

-Bruce Wright

In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with someone posting a new product, even with a small picture, that they are selling as a new item for one time in the main forum along with a note to see Stuff for Sale for more details. Right now the supposed policy is not really administered 100% of the time and seems kind of discriminatory. For example, I am now offering a new segway light kit, which doesn't need batteries. For more info, see Stuff for Sale. Repeat postings on that subject should be in the Stuff for sale section and/or moved.

Richard
Ft. Lauderdale
If you can’t change the people around you,
change the people around you