PDA

View Full Version : Loading into Car

Jan
09-25-2004, 01:36 PM
Dos anyone have a lift or ramp of some sort...any ideas on loading the segway into a car? I need assistance getting the p model in and out of my car on my own.

maran747
09-27-2004, 02:41 AM
Jan, look at this website, it is for an SUV but I think it can for a car and its trunk also.

http://www.handiramp.com/segway-ramps.htm

maran747

fathertime
09-27-2004, 08:22 AM
We sell Handi-Ramps that are great for getting into and out of a vehicle. They are 5 feet long, are foldable, made of aluminum, and allow the HT to be driven right up in power assist mode. Everyone I know who uses them loves them. The only draw back is the price of $295.00 per pair, but they are very sturdy and will hold up to 600 lbs. Call us: Segway of Chicago at (708) 352-1685 for more information.[^]:D:);)

JR

legpain
09-27-2004, 12:05 PM
Why do ramp sellers who sell to Segway people almost always say "will hold 500 - 600 lbs"? The Q HT only weighs 83 pounds and if you put anything on it, it might get up to 90 pounds. WHY CAN'T THERE BE A RAMP LIGHTWEIGHT ENOUGH FOR JUST THE WEIGHT OF HT????

Builders come on, build to the machine! You would sell more.

Murray Fisher
09-27-2004, 04:35 PM
I built a trailer hitch carrier of a rectangle of one inch square steel tubing with a 2" square bar to go in the receptacle. It only weighs 12 pounds total. I got two aluminum home type type door thresholds (3 feet long), turned them upside down and stuck non skid stuff inside. A couple bolts on the ends drop in two holes on the carrier. They weigh a few ounces and I toss them in the trunk with one hand in a few seconds. I have always said we sure don't need railroad tracks and welded steel and 2x6 ramps to handle that little 42 pounds per wheel. I have been using this for the 16 months since I got the Seg and have had many copy it. I have carried it thousands of miles with no problems.

quote]Originally posted by legpain

Why do ramp sellers who sell to Segway people almost always say "will hold 500 - 600 lbs"? The Q HT only weighs 83 pounds and if you put anything on it, it might get up to 90 pounds. WHY CAN'T THERE BE A RAMP LIGHTWEIGHT ENOUGH FOR JUST THE WEIGHT OF HT????

Builders come on, build to the machine! You would sell more.

[/quote]

Murray Fisher

jrmiller
10-27-2004, 04:19 PM
Greetings Jan, If you wanta really neat and well designed HT hauler, try SEGTRAY. I belive it is in the for sale portion of the forums section. After much searching, I purchased one and it has been almost 2 years since getting it. It is wonderful and my wife cand easily load and unload the HT from it. It takes a trailer hitch mounted on the back of the vehicle and it is all self contained. Very simple and effective ! Do yourself a favor and at least look at it, it may be just "what the doctor ordered". JR SEG-ON SEG-RIGHT

jrmiller
10-27-2004, 04:32 PM
Jan, I just checked the For Sale site and there is a web site to go to. Try http://mywebpages.comcast.net/segtray/index.htm JR