PDA

View Full Version : Segway

jmollet
09-07-2004, 01:52 PM
www.segway-rentals-now.com

Burke
09-08-2004, 03:47 AM
Hi, Jessica.

I don't think you're going to find a lot of support from this Board when you brag about shipping rentals across the country and not requiring any training. I notice your post has sat here half a day, and I can guarantee that many of the folks who have looked at it just threw up their hands in disgust that this sort of business even happens (with or without Segway LLC's blessing, and that's another whole topic because we have to imagine they can't control it and don't care anyway).

There will be that 5% who received their own Segways via truck and managed quite well with no training, but I'd guess that 95% of the Chat members are philosophically opposed to putting Segways in the hands of novices with no hands-on training whatsoever. The best I can say is that I hope your rental units go to experienced riders, I hope you have good liability insurance, I hope no one gets hurt, and I hope your experience doesn't ruin liability insurance opportunities for the rest of us who have Segway-related businesses.

So having said that, is anyone watching who thinks Jessica's plan is just a super idea?

Janice Burke
Segway Orange County

jmollet
09-08-2004, 11:15 AM
I think that my post came across incorrectly. We do send a 20 minute training video as well as a riders guide to ensure that the rider has all the tools necessary to properly operate a Segway. We do not rent these Segways to individuals looking to go on joy rides we are primarily targeting corporations that will use them as marketing tools. We would want them used at tradeshows and conventions. I am sorry if I have offended anyone in any way. I was just making the members of this chat site aware of our services.

Florida Ever-Glides
09-08-2004, 03:30 PM
Janice,

I couldn't agree with your words more. Whenever I hear of this type of 'risky' business I wonder how much longer I will have my business insurance. No matter how safe I operate...

Tom Jacobson
http://www.floridaever-glides.com

Stewbonz
09-10-2004, 06:50 AM
The training I recieved was a joke. 15 minutes in a small hotel room. Had to wait 2 months to get a slot after I paid the 5 grand!
I think the video and book can suffice for training, after all, the Segway is a very safe machine to operate.
That said, I do not let people out of site with my equipment.
Rental equipment gets abused.

JEFF JARVIS
http://www.thailandsegwaytours.com/