PDA

View Full Version : I CAN'T LOG OFF

legpain
09-03-2004, 12:01 AM
Help someone!! I tried a bunch of times to log off and I get the message that I logged off but I come back the next day and I'm still logged on!

Anyone else have this problem?? Does everyone log off?

John

Segway City
09-03-2004, 12:07 AM
I believe this site uses a cookie that allows for automatic login. Kinda like trying to make sure the light in the fridge actually goes out. You shouldn't have to logoff unless you are using a public terminal.

legpain
09-03-2004, 12:13 AM
Ok. I am using my laptop and have been able to log off before yesterday. Don't know, going to bed, will check cookies later,

Thanks to all!
John

np
09-03-2004, 12:19 AM
You need to hit the "Logoff" button on the upper right corner of this page, before turning off your browser/logging off the Web. If you don't do that, next time you log onto the Web, and visit this page, you'll find yourself logged on. Indeed this may be a problem if you log on in a public library, it's not enough just to turn off the browser, the computer, etc ... anyone could post as you.

Fortunately we did not see that happen, at least not that I remember.

quote:Originally posted by legpain

Help someone!! I tried a bunch of times to log off and I get the message that I logged off but I come back the next day and I'm still logged on!

Anyone else have this problem?? Does everyone log off?

John