PDA

View Full Version : Rollover to a new server...

segwaychatadmin
09-16-2002, 05:31 PM
We'll be moving over to a new server this evening... There will be a link on this site web-forwarding you over to the new location. After a day or so, SegwayChat.com will resolve to the new address as the DNS servers of the world get updated.

This move should improve the performance of the site, as well as provide ample room to grow.

Let me know if you have any problems. There shouldn't be a disruption in service - I'm trying to minimize any downtime as we rollover to the new server.

Thanks,

Frank

charmed
09-16-2002, 07:06 PM
Thanks, Frank. Hope all goes smoothly. I very much appreciate your efforts.

charmed

segwaychatadmin
09-16-2002, 07:44 PM
Hello,

We have moved to a new server. Please let me know if you experience any problems accessing the site.

Thanks,

Frank
SegwayChat Admin

Casey
09-16-2002, 07:46 PM
My links didn't work, but I found us by clicking on the link for the HOME page and following the new IP.

Also had to log in again. Probably everyone will.

segwaychatadmin
09-16-2002, 07:49 PM
After a few days, typing in www.SegwayChat.com will automatically take visitors here.

It takes some time for DNS changes to take effect.

But let me know how the site runs...

- Frank

charmed
09-16-2002, 07:54 PM
Everything seems speedy and smooth from where I'm sitting.

segwaychatadmin
09-16-2002, 07:56 PM
For me, so far, things are humming along.. a lot faster than our previous host...

Casey
09-16-2002, 08:01 PM
I installed XP on my host computer this afternoon, so I can't be positive what effect the new server is having. But this place is very fast so far. Hopefully it is more the new server than my new OS.

ftropea
09-16-2002, 11:49 PM
Whoops...

Just realized the mail server wasn't working :) Sorry for anyone trying to create a new account!

It's working now...

Part of the joy of moving to a new host! :P

- Frank

ftropea
09-17-2002, 12:07 PM
Just realized that the "signature" feature wasn't turned on... and you guys didn't say anything ;)

Regards,

Frank A. Tropea
----------------------------------
Ginger : Robotics :: PC : Computers

Seg-wager
09-17-2002, 03:28 PM
Working fine so far. Thanks for the update, and your attention to detail.