PDA

View Full Version : Segway of Chicago Grand Opening!!

fathertime
08-11-2004, 07:33 PM
We are pleased to announce the Grand Opening of Segway of Chicago on Saturday August 21st, 2004 at 515 S. LaGrange Rd., LaGrange, Illinois (312) 718-5461.
There will be food and prizes for all with a chance at a free Segway i167. Visit us on the 21st from 10AM til 3PM for all of the festivities.
Current Segway owners will receive 50% off on all accessories in stock.
We have the new i170 Midnight Blue HT's in stock and ready for delivery, as well as all of the other Segway products. We would like to invite any and all here on SC to attend and join in the fun![^]:D[/:)][:O]:);)[:P]

JR

Sal
08-14-2004, 12:50 PM
One question, well 2: Do you think the 25.0 bag will be in stock, and my neighbor wants to know if the e-seriese bag kit is something you carry as well.

gracias,
-Sal

Think Different / Answers that Matter
www.apple.com / www.lilly.com

IndyFIRSTengineer
08-17-2004, 02:14 AM
Hey Jim,

Does Segway of Chicago have a website yet (didn't find it with google)?

Can you help with some directions from Indy?
Looks like 65 to 80 to 294 is the most obvious start (or not?), but then where is the best place to get off 294, and details from there ??

Stuart Bloom - Rolls-Royce Corporation
FIRST Team 1018 - Pike High School "RoboDevils"

“Who goes out and says, ‘You have a better probability of winning the state lottery than making a nickel in professional sports. And by the way, last year two million exciting technical jobs went unfilled in this country because you weren't there to take that job. And it pays you 10 times as much as flipping burgers, and it's fun and it's exciting and you get to create things and build things and help make the world a better place and help make yourself a better living.’ Who tells them this?”
Dean Kamen, founder - FIRST Robotics

fathertime
08-17-2004, 09:11 AM
From 294 N (toward Wisconsin) merge onto I-55 N (Stevenson Expy) N (toward Chicago) then merge onto US-45 N which is LaGrange Rd / US-20 N via exit 279B. Continue N to 515 S. La Grange Rd. We are just South of 47th, 2 buildings from the 7-11 on the East side of the Road. We have ordered the 25.0 bags but do not yet have them in stock. We do not carry the "e" bags in stock, they are special order.
Our webmaster is working furiously on our web site but it is not ready yet....I'll let you know when it is up. Hope to see on Sat![^]:D:);)[:P]

JR

Burke
08-23-2004, 08:02 PM
So how was it?? I thought about you on Saturday. Hope it was great, and I suspect it was.

Best wishes to you and Chandra!

Janice

fathertime
08-26-2004, 09:18 PM
Janice, and all of our local seggers that came out to support us, many thanks from Chandra and I for your kind thoughts.
We had a super Grand Opening and were very pleased with the turnout. Suffice it to say that we have been busier than a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. We have been giving so many demos and selling product that we have not had the chance to turn around.
This Saturday we will sponsor a live broadcast from our store that will feature WGN's John Williams and we expect to have another great turnout and would like to invite those of you who could not make it last Saturday.[^]:D:);)[:P]

JR

IndyFIRSTengineer
08-26-2004, 11:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by fathertime

... This Saturday we will sponsor a live broadcast from our store that will feature WGN's John Williams and we expect to have another great turnout and would like to invite those of you who could not make it last Saturday.[^]:D:);)[:P]

JR
Glad to hear things are going so well Jim. I would love to come up this Saturday ... but I doubt it will work out ... PLEASE ... can we get a bit more notice next time?? Does segway of Chicago have a mailing (emailing) list?

Stuart Bloom - Rolls-Royce Corporation
FIRST Team 1018 - Pike High School "RoboDevils"

“Who goes out and says, ‘You have a better probability of winning the state lottery than making a nickel in professional sports. And by the way, last year two million exciting technical jobs went unfilled in this country because you weren't there to take that job. And it pays you 10 times as much as flipping burgers, and it's fun and it's exciting and you get to create things and build things and help make the world a better place and help make yourself a better living.’ Who tells them this?”
Dean Kamen, founder - FIRST Robotics

fathertime
08-27-2004, 08:34 AM
quote:Glad to hear things are going so well Jim. I would love to come up this Saturday ... but I doubt it will work out ... PLEASE ... can we get a bit more notice next time?? Does segway of Chicago have a mailing (emailing) list?

Not yet but we are working on it along with the website. You are welcome any weekend that you can make it. We are planning on holding our next local SegChicago meeting here so that might be a good chance to meet the local guys and gals, see the store, and go for a nice group glide. Anyone who is interested may send me their email address and we will add you to the list to be notified. Send it to; fta@sbcglobal.net [^]:D:);)[:P]

JR