PDA

View Full Version : IT FLIES!

Pappy
09-15-2002, 09:50 PM
Ok, so it doesn't fly, but you guys can't flame me - hahahaha

Anyway, just thought I would innitiate this forum with some substance lol.
Heading out the door for the evening, but wanted to say hi.

On Segway: Newman mentioned on DC that National Geographics interviewed Frank and Muckle. Is this the same show that's been in the works for the last 6 months? Two other people I know were interviewed (shhh), but for some reason, they 86'd my interview.
Originally, they contacted me, and seemed excited to get more info about Pappy in Kamenland episode, but I haven't heard a word since after about 4 contacts from them.

Oh well.
Take care all. I'll stop by often and harrass Dottie to visit his "home" every once in a while.

Nice job Frank

ftropea
09-15-2002, 10:05 PM
Thanks Pappy.

I suppose you know you've "made it" when the one and only "Pappy" visits your site ;)

Regarding that NG documentary, I believe we're talking about the same one. Do you know for sure your story won't be included? From what you're saying, it sounds like they didn't interview you on camera.

- Frank

Pappy
09-16-2002, 02:57 AM
We had many correspondence, but then all of a sudden, we stopped talking.
The problem was, my location and timing didn't work to well with their schedule I think.

That's ok, because I wasn't too thrilled about being interviewed anyway -
Why would I want to confess about being stupid enough to stroll around the dark caverns of Deka looking for Ginger with big daddy watching? Lordy

No guts, no glory I guess.

Casey
09-16-2002, 07:45 AM
quote:Ok, so it doesn't fly, but you guys can't flame me - hahahaha

We can move you though.:D

BTW Jugs, NG called and they said they had to cancel your spot because you already published all their material, and they can't violate your copywrite on it. You missed your chance at stardom buddy, so try walking into the Segway assembly building and get us some pictures. That might get you some publicity.

Welcome to our version of a Segway forum.[8D];) So far so good.

Seg-wager
09-16-2002, 10:44 AM
Hey pappy! You've come to pappyrize the SegwayChat? Pappy on! And Welcome! :)

Pappy
09-16-2002, 04:49 PM
quote:Originally posted by Casey

quote:Ok, so it doesn't fly, but you guys can't flame me - hahahaha

We can move you though.:D

BTW Jugs, NG called and they said they had to cancel your spot because you already published all their material, and they can't violate your copywrite on it. You missed your chance at stardom buddy, so try walking into the Segway assembly building and get us some pictures. That might get you some publicity.

Welcome to our version of a Segway forum.[8D];) So far so good.

Dotz - you're casey here. Oops. NG isn't going to make anyone a star, in fact, I think they will paint some of us as wackos (ok, me. I admit it) I'm glad I didn't follow through with it to be honest.

quote:Seg-wager Posted - Sep 16 2002 : 09:44:36 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey pappy! You've come to pappyrize the SegwayChat? Pappy on! And Welcome!

Thanks Seg-wager for the warm welcome.

ftropea
09-16-2002, 08:17 PM
No, not gonna become famous off an appearance in a NG documentary, but it's still cool :)

I understand your point Pappy - about not wanting to look silly - but I don't think what you did was "crazy"... I mean, you were in the right place at the right time... or the wrong place at the right time - however you want to look at it :) And your name did come up at the GMA reveal... I believe it was Kamen's assistant who mentioned you... or we mentioned you and she was like "Oh yeah, Pappy!" - not in a bad way, but she smiled and acknowledged 'ya :)

- Frank