PDA

View Full Version : Segway Los Angeles - Grand Opening August 28!

JohnG
08-10-2004, 12:36 PM
On Saturday, August 28th Segway Los Angeles is celebrating the Grand Opening of their dealership at 1660 Ocean Avenue in Santa Monica.

You are invited to the Grand Opening to experience the fun of Segway HT demonstrations, free food and soft drinks, special promotional offers and prize giveaways, including a Segway HT! The Indie 103.1 Street Team will be at the Grand Opening between Noon and 2 p.m. to help us celebrate.

Starting on Sunday, August 22nd you can stop by Segway Los Angeles to enter your name into a drawing to win a Segway HT. On Monday, August 30, 2004 Indie 103.1 DJ Steve Jones will pick the winner live on air during his noontime show.

This is your chance to meet your local Segway dealer, experience a Segway HT for yourself (if you haven't already), talk to Segway HT owners, and learn about all the fun and interesting ways you can benefit from owning a Segway HT. Look and listen for advertisements promoting this event, and help us spread the word by telling family and friends. Here are the details:

Segway of Los Angeles Grand Opening

When:
Saturday, August 28
Noon – 4pm.

Where:
Segway Los Angles
1660 Ocean Avenue
Santa Monica, CA 90401
Dealership phone: 310-395-1395
(Located between Colorado and Pico, just one block south of the Santa Monica pier)

We hope to see you there!

--
All views expressed here are my own, not necessarily those of my employer or others. Check out http://grohol.com/.

fredkap
08-16-2004, 10:29 AM
Pre-event polo match!!! Play in the AM, have lunch and then head over to the grand opening. Contact me. Let's have lots of Seg fun!

Fred

fredkap
08-29-2004, 02:10 AM
The grand opening was today and was a ton of fun. Radio station 103.1 did their Deejaying from the parking lot. Free hot dogs, italian ices, sodas and pellegrino (it's LA, do you think we would just drink tap water?) Joe Hice and Monique were there from LLC. The store has great people, Bob and Jason are the owners but they have Susan and the guy who does Bev Hills Seg tours as well as several other great people involved in their operation (my memory for names is awful so please forgive omissions). Draft members Legpain (John) and Goldstreak (Don) were there.

My wife coincidently had sat next to a man named Jay on Thursday on a flight from JFK to LAX that had already made an appointment with Segway LA to test glide a seg for his mobility issues. He took delivery before I arrived this AM.

Names were taken for a raffle of a seg and I shamelessly put my name in the hat as well. The drawing is on Monday. A good time was had by all!!! Hundreds of test glides!!!

Most importantly, we have our first tentative polo team players...maybe next weekend.

Fred

Sleepy
08-29-2004, 03:03 AM
Congrats on the polo team!!! Bay Area SEG is working on revised rules this weekend. We hope to have a preliminary set of abridged rules by the end of the week based on polo and bicycle polo rules. We'll definitely share with the rest of the Seg community.

-Alex