PDA

View Full Version : How is this item self-balancing?

Sal
07-28-2004, 01:45 PM
Well, another auction....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5711303812

I emailed the seller and asked:
"How is this item self-balancing?"

His/Her answer to me:
This item when left along stands up on its own. Think of a two wheel bike, if you let it without it's kick stand down it will fall over. Therefore it's not self balancing.

-Sal

Think Different / Answers that Matter
www.apple.com / www.lilly.com

GyroGo
07-28-2004, 01:59 PM
A drunk lying on the sidewalk is balanced, as he can fall no further.

:D

. : SegCenter.com (www.SegCenter.com) : .
StirlingInfo (www.StirlingInfo.com) StirlingChat (www.StirlingChat.com)

IndyFIRSTengineer
07-28-2004, 02:05 PM
Well at least the enlarged photo shows the back wheels clearly (even if in shadow). And I guess $1125 for TEN of them might be reasonable (although I would NEVER pay it), but unfortunately the reserve is NOT met.

Also note "Shipping will take one month due to manufactor and our geographical limitation."

Stuart Bloom - Rolls-Royce Corporation
FIRST Team 1018 - Pike High School "RoboDevils"

“Who goes out and says, ‘You have a better probability of winning the state lottery than making a nickel in professional sports. And by the way, last year two million exciting technical jobs went unfilled in this country because you weren't there to take that job. And it pays you 10 times as much as flipping burgers, and it's fun and it's exciting and you get to create things and build things and help make the world a better place and help make yourself a better living.’ Who tells them this?”
Dean Kamen, founder - FIRST Robotics

KSagal
07-28-2004, 02:07 PM
The weird part of the first two posts is that a staggering drunk would be self balancing on a segway, but would quickly wind up lying on the sidewalk if using this "self balancing" Q.

Karl Ian Sagal

ZoliHonig
09-03-2004, 04:15 PM
hahahahahahahaha

[8]-Zoli[8]