PDA

View Full Version : Nascar Officials riding Segways.

Casey
09-15-2002, 01:51 PM
On NBCTV at the moment they are getting ready to run the New Hampshire 300 Winston Cup Nascar race at Loudon, NH.

Guess how some of the officials are getting around. You guessed it. Segway HT's.

Now there's some good advertising for Segway.

ftropea
09-15-2002, 02:04 PM
No way! Hehe... OK, off to watch a "sport" I'm not very fond of :)

Thanks man... I'll try to capture a frame or two and post it here...

- Frank

Casey
09-15-2002, 02:26 PM
It has been raining there, and they haven't shown the Segways again since the prerace first came on. I am also watching to see if they will show them again.

ftropea
09-15-2002, 03:04 PM
Well... just watched a bit and didn't see any Segways.. I'm taping it now, so if you see it, let me know the approximate time you saw it and I'll get the tape and find the footage.

- Frank

Casey
09-15-2002, 05:29 PM
Frank, at about 4:12 PM EDT, as they were getting ready to return to racing after an hour and a half rain delay, they showed an NBC crewman on a Segway on the track. It was brief, perhaps 15 seconds or so. The announcer mentioned that there was (insert NBC cremembers name)on a Segway. All the rain is apparently curtailing Segways appearance as much as it is the race.

ftropea
09-15-2002, 05:35 PM
Missed it man... Wife changed channel to watch something else.. I have it back and recording again. Let me know if it pops up again. Sorry :)

ziggystardust_
09-16-2002, 11:06 AM
I would think that the advertising would be even better if they specifically showed Segway performance while in rain conditions. Hopefully they didn't show the same Segwayed people walking during the bouts of rain and then on Segways only when the rain abated.

Zig

no1
09-16-2002, 12:55 PM
I am such a good guesser. I predicted this would happen over on DC. Except I got the date wrong by a year.

Oh well. Can I have half a point?

Casey
09-16-2002, 01:18 PM
Welcome No1, good to see you join us.

I missed that prediction on DC. Was it the use of Segway at races?

zeppo123
09-16-2002, 02:47 PM
They must be getting pretty popular in the pits, we saw Robby Gordon on one a few weeks ago.

Casey
09-16-2002, 04:16 PM
They should be perfect in that kind of a setting. Lots of ground to cover in the pits, plus it seems to also be fun.

ftropea
09-16-2002, 08:20 PM
Can't believe I missed that 14 second clip! I'm not a big racing fan, and neither is my beautiful wife - apparently ;)

That's OK - we'll get it next time Casey!

no1
09-18-2002, 05:23 PM
Yep, but not only that, I predicted that it would be the NH 300 or the race in Dover.

Of course, I was predicting they would reveal it there, but still, I wasn't too far off, just by a tad.

Of course, that's tad as defined in NASA terms, which is 100,000 miles.

Half a point to whoever can name that movie.

KaDMaN
09-18-2002, 05:55 PM
Moved to Off Topic Forum

Whewtbing
09-19-2002, 01:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by Casey

Frank, at about 4:12 PM EDT, as they were getting ready to return to racing after an hour and a half rain delay, they showed an NBC crewman on a Segway on the track. It was brief, perhaps 15 seconds or so. The announcer mentioned that there was (insert NBC cremembers name)on a Segway. All the rain is apparently curtailing Segways appearance as much as it is the race.

I think they showed another clip of it right after the Hooters Ford got into the wall and got all tore up. It may have been the first time anyone with a mullet has ridden a segway.