Glynnster
07-21-2004, 12:05 PM
Author Topic
Glynnster
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2004 : 09:26:55 AM
------------------------------------------------------------------------
HELP!! I'm the director of public relations for Virginia Commonwealth University's Theatre Department and need some Segway help or advice!
We are putting on a fabulous play: Big Love, in November and the brillant, creative director would love a Segway to play a major role within the play. We need to rent or borrow a Segway from Sept. - Nov, 2004. We could pay a reasonable rental fee and also would LOVE TO TRADE advertising, free tickets, tons of exposure, and many public thanks yous for the borrowee or for their business - as an award winning graphic designer I can promise some terrific advertising! Can anyone help us with this ? Any central or northern Virginia owners out there who love great theatre? Let's talk. Please!!

Burke
07-22-2004, 04:20 AM
Glynnster, I'm sorry you're not getting any responses to your request. Looks like no one wants to part with their Segway for three months!

Actually, if you were able to pay $50 a day to rent one for 90 days, that's $4,500 and you might as well have bought one. I think most people who do rent them out, however, expect to get two to four times that much per day. It's probably safe to guess you weren't planning to go as high as $50 per day or you would have just bought one, so that might explain why you're not getting any answers.

If someone had one they could spare and was feeling particularly generous, they still might be less than confident about loaning it out. Most of us feel pretty possessive/protective about our Segways.

Maybe you'll still luck out and some culturally minded soul will see your plea and come through! It's gotta be disappointing that no one's responding.

Janice

Stan671
07-22-2004, 10:37 AM
You could just purchase a Segway HT outright, use it for the 90 days and then sell it to someone locally. During the run of the play, you can advertise that the Segway HT used in the production will be offered for sale. You can't ask for better advertising to more people than that. And someone who might be inclined to purchase a Segway HT might be willing to have the one with the novelty of being used in a local play.

Stan Dobrowski