PDA

View Full Version : New Segway Dealer/Tour?

Florida Ever-Glides
07-20-2004, 09:48 PM
Congratulations to Annie Cook and her fellow school teachers for becoming one of the newest Segway dealers. I'm sure Portland, Maine is a beautiful place.

I read today that their tour component of the new business was just shut down by the city officials. Wasn't this cleared prior to opening the business? Without the tours I believe that the business is probably doomed before it has a chance to succeed.

Tours have the potential to bring in a income stream every day, and sales alone will be sporadic at best. Weather is a major deterrant for both sales and tours for 6+ months of the year. If tours are allowed in the future, it will probably be too late.

This operation was opened quickly and probably with bad business advice. There is so much criteria involved in opening a successful Segway business, when people go on our tour our job is to make it look easy and fun. But believe me, no less than six months are necessary to prepare the operation for success.

I hope these teachers did their homework, but I have some doubt whether they did what was necessary or coppied someone else's work and hoped to pass the class. Teachers have taught me 'its not that easy'...

I hope that they can make a go of it... Most important, keep it safe.

Tom Jacobson
http://www.floridaever-glides.com