PDA

View Full Version : Nother event at Segway Fest

Matt
07-08-2004, 11:22 PM
Hey All,

I have talked with Tom Jacobson and he has agreed to lead a Segway Tour Operator's Workshop at SegwayFest! 2004. The Workshop, though we are still finalizing the structure will feature 3 primary elements:

1) A discussion that he will lead on starting and running a successful Segway Touring Operation based upon his international award winning tour business in Sarasota (Florida EverGlides)

2) A 45 minute training course on how to adaquately train tour participants prior to their initial glide on a Segway

3) A 45 minute "tour" of the Hyatt property demonstrating the various facets of interactive tours so that you can see first hand how to undertake running a tour in your area.

Due to the nature of the workshop, it will be limited to 10 people and there will be a $50 charge to cover Tom's time and materials. We expect it to fill up fast (actually, we already have a number of the spots covered). If there is sufficient demand we may offer it more than once, but right now we are scheduling it for Sunday morning. I will add a line item to the SegFest online store so that if you are interested you can reserve directly on the site. We will need a deposit to reserve your spots!

Cheers,
Matt

docdo123
07-12-2004, 11:33 AM
Matt, I tried to get a room for Segfest o4 at the Hyatt but they gave me the run around and passed the buck to you. Said room rates were 350 per night even for the Seg people. I said bull. Now what do I do: The note of July 11 said 189 per room which is plently HELP...... docdo123@cfl.rr.com

RAG1247
07-13-2004, 08:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by docdo123

Matt, I tried to get a room for Segfest o4 at the Hyatt but they gave me the run around and passed the buck to you. Said room rates were 350 per night even for the Seg people. I said bull. Now what do I do: The note of July 11 said 189 per room which is plently HELP...... docdo123@cfl.rr.com

docdo123:

I spoke directly with the hotel tonight and they advised that they still have rooms available at $189 with the rate being good from 10/4 to 10/13. I did have to tell them segway as opposed to segfest b4 they could find it. spoke with erica.

Richard
Ft. Lauderdale
http://www.sonyguy.com/stars_rag2.gif[/img=left] [i]If you can’t change the people around you, change the people around youhttp://www.sonyguy.com/stars2.gif

Matt
07-13-2004, 11:54 PM
I will get a reading from them tomorrow. This should not be a problem as we have a large block reserved!

matt

Matt
07-17-2004, 03:13 PM
I talked to the Hotel and they believe that any residual issues have been resolved. They were not sure what the problem was exactly, but they have assured me we will not encounter them in the future, BUT: just in case we do, Will Cornwall, the hotel's head of conferences, has asked that individuals not being offered the appropriate rate call or write him directly. Here is his contact information:

Will Cornwall
Director of Convention Services
wcornwal@naprnpo.hyatt.com