PDA

View Full Version : Update at the Tast of Chicago

hick
07-02-2004, 08:18 PM
My wife and I had a great time at the Taste of Chicago. The only downside was that I almost couldn't find my wife a few times because she was always gliding off on her own. We actually met up with another Seg owner and the two glided through the crowds with ease. Making most jealous. I can not express the enjoyment felt by the both of us. At one point my wife asked me if this is what I imagined when I was trying to convince her to get the Segway? My reply to her was that it has exceeded anything I could have ever imagined.

Sean

SegwayUtah
07-03-2004, 01:05 PM
Awesome, awesome story.

Chris

fredkap
07-04-2004, 06:15 PM
Hick

Thrilled to hear these stories...hope that you guys will be at SegFest!

Fred

Burke
07-06-2004, 03:00 AM
Your words gave me goosebumps! Thanks for sharing.

Janice

billc
07-06-2004, 11:18 PM
hick (Sean) you made me smile from ear to ear!
Great stuff and glad you're having fun! Also a great reason why wheelchairs (or scooters ) are sometime JUST NOT the appropriate thing!

Firstly my wife loves to eat too and cook...which is bad for me! She's always at a steady 110 pounds and I'm always steadily incteasing ....

Secondly I have great memories of the "Taste" albeit a long time ago...and then the free concerts in the park....Squeeze, Robert Cray and They might be giants (yes it was a long time ago)

Thirdly, I love hearing confirmation about the joy, empowerment, self esteem and general fun that these devices can provide to people who have been (in some cases) setting limits on their activities!

Probably just a word of advise....in the eating and shopping stakes I'm a beginner and always trying to keep up or spending half my time looking for my wife...but I bought a couple of cheap walky-talkies from Radio shack (they look neat and not like military apparel).

Basically means when we need to catch up, I press the button and bingo - communication! That way we both feel no anxiety about going off to check out our own "thing" and either dragging the other along or concocting convoluted meeting scenarios!

HAve fun!

Bill Contoyannis
Manager / Rehabilitation Engineer, REHAB Tech
Centre for Biomedical Engineering - Monash University