PDA

View Full Version : Segway Rentals In Madison, WI.

PDSeg
06-25-2004, 09:22 PM
Hello all,

This is my first time posting anything; but have been a longtime viewer. My name is Pat Dixon, I am part owner of a business here in Wisconsin named Wonders On Wheels, LLC. ( www.wondersonwheels.com ) Anyway, I am proud to say that we have established a Segway business in Madison, WI. We are located at Lake Monona bike trail, just below the Capital Square.
Wonders on Wheels will be offering guided rides, short trial rides, and sales at the location.
We have been in the Segway Business for just about a year; my business partners and I were original employees of the distributor Segway Experience, LLC. that was in Fond du Lac,WI., the Twin Cities, and Phoenix, AZ. We struckout on our own after our boss shut down the business this past November. We have a ton of experience with trade shows, corporate events, sales, marketing,etc. that made us quickly realize what works and doesn't work in offering these machines for safe and responsible public use.
Our location is in a historic building on the waterfront called Machinery Row. Madison is known for their very bike friendly streets and sidewalks; and it seemed natural for the Segway.
I am currently in the final stages of testing Segways with the Madison Police Department; which hopefully will lead to a purchase of several units for parking and patrol officers.

Today we "Opened", and offered rides to the media outlets, and hopefully we will be rocking and rolling before the July 4th weekend.
As many of you know, it is such a lengthly process to get up and running (insurance, ordinances, town boards, and narrow mindedness), and I laugh when people say that it would be such an easy business to start.

Case in point: Our first attempt with a corrupt town.
http://dellspaper.scwn.com/articles/2004/06/21/news/news01.txt

We are learning to crawl before we walk.

Pat Dixon

Florida Ever-Glides
06-25-2004, 10:04 PM
Good luck in your new business venture. Please be careful that you don't end up going down the same path (incorrect business model) that your predesessors did. It looks very similar to the Segway Experience model,which was doomed to fail from the beginning.

The first two HT's that I purchased were from Segway Experience. It sucks that the batteries only lasted 4 months. I think they were exchanged for used ones. The only logical explanation.

Good luck guys...

Tom Jacobson
http://www.floridaever-glides.com

m3lachsilber
08-11-2004, 11:29 AM
Please call me in regards to how I may be able to help your business with equipment..

I have the Segway Business Lease program that you may have heard about! I am in Germantown, Wisconsin.

information (mailto:blain@ula.net)