PDA

View Full Version : Please Help

Florida Ever-Glides
06-22-2004, 04:56 PM
I would like to add my new web site under my name on each post automatically. How do I do this? Please provide detailed and easy instructions. I'm not a computer expert. Thank you...

Tom Jacobson

verbl800
06-22-2004, 05:03 PM
Hit the "Profile" link in the top menu bar (above the name of the thread).

Enter your password, and go to the "Signature" section.

Enter "http://www.floridaever-glides.com" below your name...

Is that what you were asking for?

BruceWright
06-22-2004, 05:04 PM
Tom,

See up at the top of this page where it says "profile"?

That's where you edit your personal profile.

Go into there and on the right hand side, there's a blank area where it says "signature". That's what the little quote at the bottom of my post is, it's a signature file.

Just type whatever you want to appear as your signature in that blank, and it'll be at the bottom of all your posts.

-Bruce Wright

Segway: Vehicle of Dream

Sal
06-22-2004, 05:09 PM
With a little more effort, you can have a picture in your signature too, like some of our posters here.

If you locate the exact web address of your "Florida Ever Glides" animation on top of your website... and enclose the address between bracketed "img" and "/img" codes, replacing the quotationmarks for "[" and "]" brackets, you can have that image as a running signature.

-Sal

Think Different / Answers that Matter
www.apple.com / www.lilly.com

Segway City
06-22-2004, 06:16 PM
With the inclusion of a photo signature, don't forget that each time a reader brings up a thread/topic in which the image URL is posted, that graphic will be downloaded. If you're paying for the bandwidth, you may be shocked unless (even though) you skinny-down the size.

I saw one thread that started in the morning here the other day and, even though nobody posted a response until the next day, there wer over 200 "reads" of the post in 24 hours before a response was made. Multiply that by several threads and several responses along with new forum members and OUCH!