PDA

View Full Version : 4th of July Parade - Anaheim Hills, CA

Burke
06-19-2004, 06:15 PM
We are inviting all local Seggers to participate in a 4th of July Parade (on Saturday, July 3) followed by demos at Peralta Park where the parade ends. The theme of the parade is "Proud to be an American," and patriotic dress is optional but quite welcome for both you and your Segway. This should be a fun event for everyone involved, especially all those folks who still haven't seen a Segway. We'd love to have quite a formation going down the street! Note: The parade is short--less than two miles.

This is the annual Fourth of July celebration in Anaheim Hills. Festivities will be happening all afternoon at the park (games, food). The parade on Santa Ana Canyon Road is in the late afternoon, followed in the evening by a terrific free fireworks show.

Proceeds from demos will go to the committee that puts on the festivities each year. We hope that will be a terrific little fundraiser for them.

If you are interested, please e-mail Dick@segwayorangecounty.com and he can give you more details.

Dick and Janice

JIMBO
06-24-2004, 09:02 PM
Just to remind everyone, especially our Orange County enthusiasts, about the Anaheim Hills Parade. It's followed by a festival at Peralta Park where we'll be offering demo rides. We can use some help from the "O.C. Seggers". There's food and then a fireworks display later. E-mail Dick or myself (Jim@SegwayOrangeCounty.com) for details. Parade forms at 3 o'clock on Saturday the 3rd. Should be a lot of fun!

Jim Headley
Segway Orange County
~ STEP UP ! ~

Brian
06-30-2004, 01:13 PM
I will be there. That will be fun.

Brian Kane
Got my Segway:
6-25-04

jgassor
07-03-2004, 11:25 PM
Sorry I couldnt make this. I hope it was a fun day out. I will be adding Segway fun to a block party tomorrow, street BBQ's, mini parades and Seg fun!

Jim

Live life to the full, get Tivo and get a Segway! http://segway.gassor.com

Burke
07-04-2004, 09:17 PM
Hope you had a good time today, Jim. Yes, Saturday was a fabulous day for a parade! We set up for demos at the park, and then eight of us went to the high school to wait for the parade to begin. We had a great time swooping back and forth and playing "follow the leader" the whole short route. We had wonderful decorations that our service manager Robert had put together for us; he's always the one with the best imagination! The announcers along the parade route mentioned we would be giving demos at the park afterwards, and as soon as the parade was over, people were lined up deep the whole rest of the evening to have a demo at $3 each. We had to cut the line off after about 150 folks had instruction and rode our course, which took up a whole basketball court. Toward the end of the day we had four and five demos going at a time just to give everyone a chance at it. The parade organizers were thrilled to have us and have already invited us back for next year. All donations will go to the Community Council, and since they're running at a deficit, they can really use it!

I truly hope we have the technology to post pictures soon of the patriotic fenders Ari (Seggy) made for Dick; they are absolutely fabulous and got lots of attention.

Brian and Ari joined us from the chat, and it was great to have them. Thank you both!

Dick and Janice Burke
Segway Orange County