PDA

View Full Version : Export duty/tariff

X-man
06-16-2004, 02:30 PM
What would be the duty/tariff on exporting a Segway overseas, east or west, from the US?
This would be a resale.

Bob
Now - about those promised extended range batteries....

larryKay
06-16-2004, 06:05 PM
I do not believe that there is any US Duty for export. Most countires have import duties.

Larry

Zorba9
06-16-2004, 07:31 PM
I'm sending an i model to Australia tomorrow, no export duty. Will take a week by FedEx economy class - $640 shipping - for $1006 you can get it there 2 days faster!

KOG

Zorba9.....

Stewbonz
06-16-2004, 07:55 PM
Yea Zorba, but he get it thru customs??

JEFF JARVIS
http://www.thailandsegwaytours.com/

Zorba9
06-16-2004, 09:27 PM
Hey Jeff, They've got the paperwork ready for when it gets there - Ron from Canaberra (who has 2 already) is helping. Quick question - their household current is 240 volts , that requires a converter to 120 volts to charge the Segs doesn't it? Is your voltage 240 in Thailand?

KOG

Zorba9.....

SegwayUtah
06-16-2004, 09:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by Zorba9

Hey Jeff, They've got the paperwork ready for when it gets there - Ron from Canaberra (who has 2 already) is helping. Quick question - their household current is 240 volts , that requires a converter to 120 volts to charge the Segs doesn't it? Is your voltage 240 in Thailand?

You can plug the Segway HT into a 240 volt outlet without a problem. You just have to get a PC cable out of the back of any computer, and plug it into the HT. They're a few bucks.

The Segway HT should work as-is in pretty much every country in the entire world -- it just needs a different power cable (and even then, it's only the tip that's different).

Chris

Zorba9
06-16-2004, 09:49 PM
Thats convienent Chris, in the old days something would be severly fried putting 240 volts into something made to run off 120 volts (lived in Europe twice) -- hmmmm, twice the voltage, twice as fast charging the batteries?-:)

KOG

Zorba9.....

SegwayUtah
06-16-2004, 10:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by Zorba9

Thats convienent Chris, in the old days something would be severly fried putting 240 volts into something made to run off 120 volts (lived in Europe twice) -- hmmmm, twice the voltage, twice as fast charging the batteries?-:)

Because it's converting the power into "charging power," you don't need to worry about it.

It'll take 100 - 240 Volts AC, at 50 or 60 hertz. 2 amps max draw. It's right on the "caution" sticker at the bottom of the HT control shaft.

That pretty much covers everywhere in the world. That's just one more great engineering aspect of the Segway HT :)

Chris

TiVoAussie
06-16-2004, 10:45 PM
Hey Zorba9,

Just for the record I can absolutely confirm they charge fine here! But not any faster :(

I was happy to assist your buyer with the paperwork, and was also able to arrange for him to get a test ride on mine. He's a nice guy, thanks for helping him out!

Mine took only two days from Phoenix to Sydney! But that was Fedex Priority. Thanks are due yet again to somebody who knows who he is ;)

Cheers

Ron

There are a little over six thousand Segway owners!
There are a little over six billion people in the world!
We're two in a million! :)

Zorba9
06-17-2004, 12:08 AM
Ron & Chris - good to know the charging is the same! Been a while since I've seen those stickers on the control shafts (Mine get peeled off almost immediately - Death or Serious Injury can Occur!! -hmmm, no thanks I don't believe I want a demo)-:)

Don't let the Dingos eat your Segway!

KOG

Zorba9.....

ElectraGlide
06-20-2004, 12:53 PM
Bob I sent you an EMAIL....shipping a Segway overseas is no trouble.

Steve