PDA

View Full Version : Brand new segway only $400.00 free shipping?

andrewhanna
06-12-2004, 11:38 AM
Hey-

I saw this on ebay : " You are bidding on information on how to purchase a brand new segway HT for only $400.00 FREE SHIPPING!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=47351&item=3672643593&rd=1

I e-mailed the seller and I bought the info form her for $15.99. I thought it was too good to be true, and it was!

She gave me this link :http://bestofferauction.com/search.asp
(scroll down a bit and you will se the segway)

It is a crazy site, and you pay $9.00 per bid on a item. And you win that item only if your bid is unique when there hasn't been another bidder bidding the same amount. A unique bid wins each auction. I THINK ITS A RIPOFF!

What do you guys make of this scam??[8]:)

SegwayUtah
06-12-2004, 04:14 PM
Andrew,

I think it's unfortunate that you paid out on the first scam, for $15.99.

Can you get your money back?

Chris

fathertime
06-12-2004, 04:51 PM
If it sounds too good to be true...it probably is! I am amazed by the gullibility of the general public. In life you only get what you pay for...why should this situation be any different?
The HT is an expensive item....why would anyone sell it for less unless it is either damaged, stolen, or there is some inherent problem that is not readily discernable? I guess hope springs eternal. This auction is nothing more than a scam to begin with and the guy that sold you the link to it is a sleazy opportunist IMHO.
I'm sorry that you were taken in by this obvious scam.:([V][/:(]:(.

JR

andrewhanna
06-12-2004, 09:19 PM
Yes i know! I was so stupid. I e-mailed her right after I got the link and told her I wanted my mony back, she never responded. Thank God it was only $16.00.! The people of america are very vulnerable to those types of scams,including me, and they always turn out to be a scam, and nothing but a scam! I know that I will never ever purchase any information like that again because its nothing but false advertising. Almost everything seems to be false advertising these days...

thanks,
andrew

Burke
06-13-2004, 12:49 AM
Andrew, I think you could save yourself some time and money by slowing down and reading some old posts. There's a lot of valuable information to be had on Segway Chat, and this particular scam was covered on this very same forum ("Stuff to Buy and Sell") less than a month ago when Vanclute posted "What's the story on these scams?", and someone carefully spelled out exactly what was going on with the $9 business.

I know you're new to Segway and enthusiastic, but a lot of your answers can be found by a careful search. Happy reading!

Janice

andrewhanna
06-13-2004, 01:23 PM
quote:Originally posted by Burke

Andrew, I think you could save yourself some time and money by slowing down and reading some old posts. There's a lot of valuable information to be had on Segway Chat, and this particular scam was covered on this very same forum ("Stuff to Buy and Sell") less than a month ago when Vanclute posted "What's the story on these scams?", and someone carefully spelled out exactly what was going on with the $9 business.

I know you're new to Segway and enthusiastic, but a lot of your answers can be found by a careful search. Happy reading!

Janice

Hey-

Thanks for the info Janice, I will make sure to browse through the site to get questions to my answers before posting a topic.

Thanks,
andrew

Sunday
06-13-2004, 02:53 PM
How did you pay this person? If you used a credit card, contact your bank and have them get your money back.

Mark

Segway-more fun than you can stand!

TiVoAussie
06-13-2004, 10:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by Burke
Vanclute posted "What's the story on these scams?", and someone carefully spelled out exactly what was going on with the $9 business.
Janice

Hi Andrew
Yes, that was me... in this link (http://www.segwaychat.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7898)
At the time (May 19) I noted they had sold 26 bids, that still hasn't changed so I'm increasing my estimate of the auction completion date to somewhere around the time that the Sun goes supernova.

Sorry you lost $16.00 though, but I'm even sorrier for the person who bid $1,550 see:this auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=47351&item=3672643593&rd=1)

PT Barnum was seemingly correct, there is a sucker born every minute!

Cheers

Ron

There are a little over six thousand Segway owners!
There are a little over six billion people in the world!
We're two in a million! :)