PDA

View Full Version : i-series ,or p series? Please help me!

andrewhanna
06-11-2004, 09:58 PM
Hey-

I am planning on buy a segway HT , but there is one problem, I do not know weather to buy the i-series or the p serires. Can someone please help me decied! I will be using the segway to do things such as go to the super market, the mall, and for fun. I live in miami.

Thank you,
Andrew

Sunday
06-11-2004, 10:30 PM
Visit Segway's website. They have a comparison chart to help people decide, based on things like distance between locations; rider weight; terrain; and outside temperatures. It's definitely a tough decision. They're both fun! If I lived in Miami, I would be leaning toward a p.

Mark

Segway-more fun than you can stand!

sholloway
06-12-2004, 01:23 PM
If you're going to run errands, I can't imagine using the p. Other than the handlebar bag you won't be able to carry anything. The old and new cargo options only mount to the i. You want the i.

andrewhanna
06-12-2004, 01:46 PM
I want the speed , range, and the terrain of the i-series, but its a bit too big. And i want the protiblity of the p series because its small and compacted! Please help me decied!! I have only tried the i-series on a tour and I loved how it rides, Does the p series feel much different than the I-series! PLEASE HELP I AM VERY CONFUSED....lol. I might buy one today or tommorro.

thanks,
andrew

SegwayUtah
06-12-2004, 04:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by andrewhanna

I want the speed , range, and the terrain of the i-series, but its a bit too big. And i want the protiblity of the p series because its small and compacted! Please help me decied!! I have only tried the i-series on a tour and I loved how it rides, Does the p series feel much different than the I-series! PLEASE HELP I AM VERY CONFUSED....lol. I might buy one today or tommorro.

Andrew,

I haven't found terrain yet that I couldn't take on a p-series instead of an i-series, except for certain ground clearance issues.

If you weight under 200lbs, the p-series is a good choice. I do love how small it is. But it will not give you the speed or range of the i-series.

Also, you do have to be more "gentle" while riding on a p-series. There are a number of "accidental manuevers" an i-series can make while the p-series may or may not be able to do so.

Also, if you're going to be riding a lot on dirt paths and such, I would recommend the i-series.

Chris

ElectraGlide
06-13-2004, 12:34 AM
Florida is flat......I have owned both "i" and "p" series. I prefer the "p" because it is MUCH easier to get it in and out of the car. It is lower and narrower so it is less obvious, and gets thru doors, hallways, and many other places you wouldnt take an "i". If you weigh less than 200 lbs and wont be climbing hills in Miami ( nonexistant ) consider the "p". By the way...I just bought another new "p" !

Steve

andrewhanna
06-13-2004, 01:33 AM
quote:Originally posted by ElectraGlide

Florida is flat......I have owned both "i" and "p" series. I prefer the "p" because it is MUCH easier to get it in and out of the car. It is lower and narrower so it is less obvious, and gets thru doors, hallways, and many other places you wouldnt take an "i". If you weigh less than 200 lbs and wont be climbing hills in Miami ( nonexistant ) consider the "p". By the way...I just bought another new "p" !

Steve

Thanks for the info Steve. Can you tell me if you feel any difference at all in how the i-series glides in comparison to how the p-series rides? I have only tried a i-series before and I loved how it rides! I just want to know if the p-series feels the same.

thanks,
andrew

Sunday
06-13-2004, 12:18 PM
I've ridden both machines: The p is a bit harder ride due to the smaller and more narrow tires-but the differences were still pretty subtle, I thought; you'll notice the difference more on rough pavement and unpaved surfaces. I've also ridden the p on the snow and ice, and it performed well, although I would have rather had the i under the circumstances.

Here's the big plus to a p though...girls like them better! Women just approach the p series more often than an i series machine (atleast this is what I've noticed), and consequently, your social interaction with the ladies will increase.

But, the i series is larger, has a softer ride, and has more accessories available. And who can ignore the new i170? And, you're still growing. How big are you now? How big are people in your family? What are the distances you plan to travel? See if you can find a p series owner near you for a demo. That, too, will help you decide on which model to purchase.

Good luck,

Mark

Segway-more fun than you can stand!

SegwayUtah
06-13-2004, 01:47 PM

Thanks for the info Steve. Can you tell me if you feel any difference at all in how the i-series glides in comparison to how the p-series rides? I have only tried a i-series before and I loved how it rides! I just want to know if the p-series feels the same.

Andrew,

The i-series isn't a rigid ride by any means, but the p-series is even less so. If you rock back and forth in place gently on an i-series, it's a cool feeling, but it's even "softer" on a p-series. You'd have to try it to really understand :)

I often refer to the p-series as the "dancing" Segway HT. It easily disappears beneath one's feet.

Chris

ElectraGlide
06-13-2004, 03:17 PM

[quote]Originally posted by ElectraGlide

Thanks for the info Steve. Can you tell me if you feel any difference at all in how the i-series glides in comparison to how the p-series rides?

Well Andrew....the "i" actually glides faster and smoother than the "p" series...AND...the "i" is less noisy than the "p" , but I really like the "p" for it's portability and ease of operation such as "no hands" gliding. I use it around town to go to Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Publix, the bank, a cruise along A1A, local lunch spot, always on smooth sidewalks or bike trails, so I dont need a heftier "i" series. Like I mentioned I have owned a few of each, but the "p" is my favorite for all around use in Boca Raton.

Steve

andrewhanna
06-14-2004, 12:02 AM
Hey everyone! Thank you guys so much for your help! Because of you guys It has been much easier to make up my mind! I am going to get the p-series due to the fact that there are no hills in miaim(so i dont need the i-series). I am getting the p because it is small , light, and not as noticable as the I. Thank you guys again for helping me out another time!

Thanks,
andrew

SegwayUtah
06-14-2004, 02:13 AM

Hey everyone! Thank you guys so much for your help! Because of you guys It has been much easier to make up my mind! I am going to get the p-series due to the fact that there are no hills in miaim(so i dont need the i-series). I am getting the p because it is small , light, and not as noticable as the I. Thank you guys again for helping me out another time!

Andrew: be sure to let us know when you get it! It's always pretty magical riding around on an HT, but the first day is even more so. -- Chris