PDA

View Full Version : University Research Project seeks JPEG and Digital

Wallace
05-30-2004, 09:48 AM
Texas Tech University at AMARILLO – A SEGWAY FRIENDLY CAMPUS – is researching the use of both I- and E- Series HT’s in Business, Industry and Commercial use.

Industrial Engineering faculty members will research safe use practice of the SEGWAYS and produce a Power Point presentation for use in corporate training in firms which adopt the SEG for use by employees.

We need to accumulate appropriate, high quality JPG images of actual use of both the I and E Series in a variety of workplace settings. Riders/workers should be shown in work attire – with appropriate safety apparel (helmets, etc) in industrial sites, construction areas, warehouses, medical facilities safety and security (both law enforcement and industrial) doing actual work.

Activities to be depicted include: Engineering, manufacturing, construction, maintenance, supervision, in-plant courier deliveries, safety and security etc.

Photos should include sufficient background surroundings so as to be easily recognizable as a business, industry or commercial application setting. Both indoor and outdoor settings are needed, Close up shots – taken along with the broader “location establishing shot” will be valuable also.

If video clips are made, they should be made available they should be digital not analog because of the loss of resolution is transfer. We must have digital video in order to edit into a NEW CD or DVD which is intended to be a business, commercial version of the SEGWAY SAFETY VIDEO (VHS) which is sent to each new owner for review before “gliding.”

Please contact me: Wallace L. Johnston at TTUAMARILLO@yahoo.com for further details. You may see our Website at http://aln.coe.ttu/edu/amarillo

ronzul
06-16-2004, 10:19 AM
I'm not sure if this was intentional, but your post is in this section for disabled use of the Segway. Your post is so clear in every other respect, so I'm not sure if you are only wanting photos and video of disabled persons using the Segway as you have requested.

Putting your post in the general section will receive greater coverage.

Cheers
Ronny

---
Who said that you shouldn't get carried away on your Segway?

Wallace
08-09-2004, 03:20 PM
Actually, we are doing another grant application to the National Institute on Disability Rehabilitation Research - NIDRR.

Gerry Kerr and I have talked about puting a Post out here for responses from Segway Users who have found Gliding a beneficial alternative to wheelchairs, Jazzys and Hoverrounds.