PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy 5 units ?

gunata
05-24-2004, 05:35 AM
Im new here
I want to buy 5 units , I will pay cash.
Is there somebody who can tell me where could be the the best place to buy and what could be "a good price" for 5 ?
thank you in advance.

Dwarf84396
05-26-2004, 12:00 AM
You should be able to get the best deal directly from LLC.

Just call them at 1-800-4SEGWAY.

If you are buying them for a group, you may be able to get a discount.

Ben

My entire internet experience condensed into one little image:
http://ben.runslinux.net/img/smileys_lurking.gif

JIMBO
05-26-2004, 02:25 AM
What is your location? e-mail me at jim@segwayOrangeCounty.com and I'll see what I can do. ~ Jim Headley

Segway 1 ~ A step above walking!

gotseg
05-26-2004, 10:13 PM
Dealers like OrangeCounty and NEVrland can usualy give wonderfull deals on segways, much like a car dealership. I'd expect even more so when buying 5!

http://www.giguphosting.com/gotseg/gotseg.gif
segless and looking

teekay
05-27-2004, 01:00 AM
gunata, nice home page, is that your business?

I can tell you that Segway Orange County is First Class!

Let us know how you do.

:) Tim

Sunday
05-27-2004, 09:49 PM
I especially liked reading the Pro Advice section in which you advise the models to go out and buy new outfits for a shoot, leave the tags on the clothes, and then return them. I sure hope you're not planning on trying to return 5 Segways. I guess it's cheaper than renting for the day though, eh?

Mark

Segway-more fun than you can stand!

zoomster
05-28-2004, 09:49 PM
X-man,
I know your only reservation about the purchase was the battery condition after sitting for so long. How did it go? Like so many folks here on the chat, I am really interested in any new info. on batteries and it sounded like a good test.

Rob

Burke
06-02-2004, 10:20 PM
Caution! Dealers are now required to charge all batteries in stock at least every 30 days for 12 hours because they will deteriorate
if left dormant for too long. Also, batteries are not covered in the one-year warranty because they are a "wearable item". Segway has no way of controlling how batteries are treated or maintained. The deal you get on an inventory clearance sale or a seldom used Segway can be not so good if you have to buy $600 worth of batteries prematurely. "Still in the box" may sound like a deal, but turn out badly. I hope this isn't the case with yours!

Dick Burke

errapi
06-04-2004, 06:48 PM
I may be able to scrounge up five units (or close to 5) for you. One would be $3800, and I know of 2 more for $3200 each. If you could wait a few weeks, there will be another $3200 one waiting. They are all used.

www.segwaymatch.com

todd
06-04-2004, 07:18 PM
Hey Ben,

Why is 1-800-4segway the best place to buy HT. In order to get a discount from 1-800-4Segway, how do you go about it. Can't you get a better deal at one of the dealers? And if which dealer? I am also thinking of buying between 3-5 HT's in the I-series, and I am going to be paying for them by credit card. Do you think Segway will accept a credit card payment.

quote:Originally posted by Dwarf84396

You should be able to get the best deal directly from LLC.

Just call them at 1-800-4SEGWAY.

If you are buying them for a group, you may be able to get a discount.

Ben

My entire internet experience condensed into one little image:
http://ben.runslinux.net/img/smileys_lurking.gif

SegwayUtah
06-04-2004, 09:41 PM
Todd,

Segway LLC's phone # is 866-4-SEGWAY (not 800), FWIW.

Also, are you in Salt Lake City, Utah, or are you in England? Or do you travel between both? There is a Brookstone Segway dealer in Salt Lake, and I believe that there's another reseller in Salt Lake too.

Plus there's a number of resellers, all around the nation, who can apparently sell and ship units to any state. And you always have LLC, but I'm not sure if they do multiple-unit discounts or not. I would call them first, for sure.

Chris

[edited to correct phone # -- it's 866, not 877 :)]

sholloway
06-05-2004, 12:28 AM
Segway will accept a credit card, I do not think they give discounts. You can certainly get a volume discount from a dealer. I can ship them to SLC but no dealer can sell them outside the US. Give me a call and we can come up with a price. If needed, I can also arrange D1 to come to your home for the training, if you haven't ridden much you may get something out of it, otherwise it could very well be useless. www.ElectricAvenueInc.com 770.751.7885

Sunday
06-05-2004, 01:02 AM
You can get a discount if you are a nonprofit organization: But it's a case by case review process with LLC, and sounded like something that would take a few days at best. I have the contact information if you'd like it. Just email me offlist.

Mark

Segway-more fun than you can stand!

MagiMike
06-05-2004, 04:14 PM
For what its worth I will vouch for DeMontrand group as a responsible buisness and not a fly by the night operation. they are well known in the houston area and have a good history as a business.
they are well known in the houston area. I understand they bought several for a business promotion which did not work out and now are selling a number of units at below new cost.

Mike in Houston TX.
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_17_208.gif