PDA

View Full Version : Ever wanted to float above the trees?

charmed
08-30-2002, 05:03 AM
A personal fantasy of mine, since I saw something similar on t.v. a few weeks back. Check out the wing-powered one.

http://www.dynafly.com/

Charmed

Brooster
08-30-2002, 06:34 AM
YRU (the Swiss guy) and I saw a guy on a "foil" parachute doing just that, above the trees at the Indiana Dunes (south end of Lake Michigan) last Saturday. Untethered, just floating above the beach, the trees and the dunes, completely in control with his little lines he was pulling on.

I need to try this. I couldn't help thinking of Kamen when I saw it. YRU got a nice digital picture; maybe we can get him to post it on the DC.

Broo

Brooster

Casey
08-30-2002, 04:30 PM
My biggest dream since childhood is to be a bird. Not assisted by any device, just simply to fly. So far no luck, and I haven't broken anything trying to take off from the top of the house. I did jump off roofs and out of haylofts as a kid, but it would probably kill me now.

Frank

Ryan93
10-01-2002, 11:31 PM
I use to be not a big fan of heights... I could fly in airplanes and go down the slide at the park but those look out towers at larger parks I could not go up with out having to sit down up on the platform. I one day decided that I just wasn't going to care how high got up and I was fine from that day forth.

-Ryan

Blinky
10-04-2002, 09:19 PM
To be able to float over trees would be great. If they ever figure out a personal/light weight/affordable/clean way for us to float up and soar the sky that would be wonderful. But, that is as long as they figure out a way for us to get back down. :)