PDA

View Full Version : DEALER LOOKING FOR ACCESSORIES

Burke
05-02-2004, 02:18 PM
Segway of Orange County is interested in talking with vendors on the chat who produce their own Segway accessories and are interested in selling them "wholesale." Please e-mail your response to Jim@SegwayofOrangeCounty.com and/or come to our first Open House on Saturday, May 8.

Dick Burke
Segway of Orange County
714-630-7296

gotseg
05-02-2004, 05:20 PM
Hey thats a great idea Dick. LLC offers some great stuff, but people like Wayne offer some outstanding alternatives and totally different accessories you cant find at any other dealer.

http://www.giguphosting.com/gotseg/gotseg.gif
segless and looking

SegwayUtah
05-02-2004, 05:32 PM
Dick,

I would recommend selling:

"SLiME Super Duty" (Slime for Tubeless Tires)
http://www.slime.com/auto.html
-- prevents and often even repairs flat tires --

Wayne's stickers for i-series wheels (I got special black reflective ones for my wheels)
http://www.kcaps.com/segway.html
-- makes the stock wheels look much (er, even) nicer, especially with black stickers and gray-painted wheels --

I'm sure I'll think of more things :)

Chris

gotseg
05-02-2004, 05:47 PM
-Maybe offer wheels in a 'dove grey' or other shades?

-that car door trim that people use for the fenders.

http://www.giguphosting.com/gotseg/gotseg.gif
segless and looking

SegwayUtah
05-02-2004, 07:16 PM
Also, I would highly recommend selling some sort of bike tire pump. I have one with a digital gauge that's awesome and really reliable.

Chris

vanclute
05-04-2004, 06:03 PM
Chris,

What kind of tire pump are you referring to? How much does it cost? That would be grat to have so that one could adjust tire pressure as one rides, to adjust for terrain conditions...

J

Sunday
05-05-2004, 12:05 AM
Go to a local bike shop and check out their selection of pumps. I think what Chris is referring to is the type that is powered by AC or the lighter outlet in a car.

Mark

Segway-more fun than you can stand!

Sunday
05-05-2004, 12:14 AM
Or how about a bumper sticker with my all time favorite-
"Nice scooter dork"
"Nice cage monkey!"

Mark

Segway...escape the cage

Segway-more fun than you can stand!

Stan671
05-05-2004, 12:20 AM
You should stock replacement kickstands and front bumpers from Segway.

A small hand hump for inflating the tires and a good digital guage that reads accurate to at least 0.5 psi. I have one called Monkey Grip and it works good with it's digital LCD display. It is small and works well. Most pressure guages for bikes are notoriously unaccurate, especially at the low pressures (15 psi) we are working with.

Perhaps you can investigate some of the ramps that people have mentioned here and pick one or two you like and sell those.

If you have someone with the technical expertise, you might consider getting the hardware, software, and blank keys in order to make extra keys for people and/or make custom key configurations.

You could carry a few varieties of helmets.

You could carry a torque wrench with the proper size deep socket (16 MM, I think) for removing wheels.

I purchased a "T" handle hex wrench for use with the deep-in-the-hole screws for the batteries. I found doing this with the regular allen wrench Segway supplies to be a finger breaker. You could sell these "T" handle allen wrenches for whatever size the battery screws are.

Wayne of Seg-On sells the Segway covers. You could market them for him. Of anything else he sells, for that matter.

You could sell Zorba's Mountaineer studded ET tires.

Stan Dobrowski

SegwayUtah
05-05-2004, 02:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by vanclute

Chris,

What kind of tire pump are you referring to? How much does it cost? That would be grat to have so that one could adjust tire pressure as one rides, to adjust for terrain conditions...

J

Topeak Turbo Morph (Digital):
http://montgomerycyclery.com/site/itemdetails.cfm?ID=1726&Catalog=39&sort=Price%20desc

There's also a Turbo Morph (Analog). Buy the digital one. It's awesome. I just pump up the tires until it reads 15.0 or 15.5 psi, and then I unplug. Super-simple. I recommend this pump to all Segway HT owners. And I don't see it in the new catalog, so you may want to get one soon :)

Chris

IndyFIRSTengineer
05-05-2004, 06:52 PM
Is this the same pump for $34.99
(http://www.bicyclebuys.com/Items01.asp?NavID=moreinfo&SKU=0119694)
instead of $49.99 ??

Stuart Bloom - Rolls-Royce Corporation
FIRST Team 1018 - Pike High School "RoboDevils"

“Who goes out and says, ‘You have a better probability of winning the state lottery than making a nickel in professional sports. And by the way, last year two million exciting technical jobs went unfilled in this country because you weren't there to take that job. And it pays you 10 times as much as flipping burgers, and it's fun and it's exciting and you get to create things and build things and help make the world a better place and help make yourself a better living.’ Who tells them this?”
Dean Kamen, founder - FIRST Robotics

SegwayUtah
05-06-2004, 02:41 AM
quote:Originally posted by IndyFIRSTengineer

Is this the same pump for $34.99
( http://www.bicyclebuys.com/Items01.asp?NavID=moreinfo&SKU=0119694 )
...instead of $49.99 ??

Why yes, it appears to be. Great find!

Chris

cpudan
05-06-2004, 10:32 AM
I will bring my favorites on Saturday!!!

See you there!

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift, the rational mind is a faithful
servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has
forgotten the gift."
-- Albert Einstein

Dan Parks

"The pain of poor quality endures far longer than the sweetness of good price"

zoomster
05-06-2004, 02:48 PM
How about a decent sound emitting device as specified in the California bill regarding the use of EPAMDs? Not a silly bell you would find on a childs bike, but something more innovative?

GadgetmanKen
05-17-2004, 09:32 PM
Don't forget the quick release bolt for the control shaft from LLC. Or the lights from Wal-mart that are real popular here on SC. Wayne from Seg-On has some real nice items he's trying to sell. I was going to post awhile back on your subject on your grand opening party. I had a few suggestions you might add for your store. With the infamous Segway smile everyone gets when demo'ing the Segway why not post many pictures of people riding them on a bulletin board or wall. Even the Segway smiles of satisfied purchasers. Maybe some pictures of how some people have modified their's. If you haven't seen a whole lot, I have quite a few on my homepage of lots of Segway modifications. Plus, a plug for Wayne's skid plate hitch hook-up, kickstands and brief case carriers. As well as a few futuristic designs of modified Segways and a pop-up info sign/pouch I made listed there as well. I havent had anyone interested on the pouch as of yet. I would like to make or offer them but I don't have a lot of extra money to invest or make them at the moment.
Visit my homepage at the top of my post my links I post to my page always come up wrong when I post it . So got to my homepage link above or view it at my profile Thanks

"Wouldn't it be cool, if?...is like Folgers in my cup"