PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Segfest Question

Sal
05-02-2004, 01:38 PM
Hi all,

I was wondering if there would be Segway rentals there at Segfest... Two of my friends are thinking of coming down because they love the Segway, but they don't own one, and I wanted to know if there would be rentals there for the duration of the fest?

-Sal

Think Different
www.apple.com

Answers that Matter
www.lilly.com

http://home.earthlink.net/~sal1k/images/si2f.jpg

Matt
05-02-2004, 03:09 PM
This is a very interesting question. I have sent emails to every rental company and segway dealer (though I need to do that again as there are more dealers now than when I did this initially) and no one has indicated an interest in renting at the Fest. Other than EverGlides, I have actually not gotten a response from any of the organizations either. I expect that since we are still quite a few months from the Fest folks have not made up their minds yet; but there have been a number of people like yourself who have asked.

Jim and my commitment is to have Segways for rent at the fest, but I do not know yet who will rent them. I do know that the IIT program that we have had the pleasure to mentor this past Semester will have 8 machines that they are committing to bring down; however they may only be able to rent out 4 of them (there will probably be 4 people coming down with the machines).

So, bottom line - tell your friends to come down and we will have machines for them. It is my pledge to find them!

Cheers,
matt

Sal
05-02-2004, 04:53 PM
Well, as long as someone could guarantee that my friends won't be left out of the fun and have segways there for them (we would be willing to pay of course!) I think it would be fantastic.

it would be a shame for them to come all the way and not be a part of the fun.

Thanks,
Sal

Think Different
www.apple.com

Answers that Matter
www.lilly.com

fathertime
05-03-2004, 11:34 AM
Sal-
There are no stupid SegwayFest! questions we are here for the membership to answer any, and all, questions for you guys. We are all in this together. Tell your friends that we will have rentals for them even if I have to bring them myself. Matt, Chandra, and I are all working hard to provide HT's for the Fest and having just transported two "I"s down there for our test glides on property, I know that it would be so much nicer to be able to rent.
[^]:D:);)[:P]

JR

vanclute
05-04-2004, 12:55 PM
I've wondered about daily rentals myself, but the only rentals I've seen are around $40/hour! If that's the kind of fee people can reasonably charge to rent a Segway, what would the daily charge be?? Seems a bit outrageous if ya ask me...

Then again, I have my own, so... <shrug> =)

J

L.I. Glider
05-04-2004, 01:17 PM
At last year's 'Fest, I believe rentals were $250 for 2 days and $350 for 3 days. People rented because it's not easy or cheap to ship your Seg across the country or take it on the plane with you.

Regards,
Joanne

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Mahatma Gandhi

Matt
05-04-2004, 06:54 PM
Jim and I will have some (read only a few) machines that we will be able to rent out. These machines will be coming from the IIT program which will graciously allow us to use the machines for the long weekend. Our plan is to rent them for $350 for the 3 days with pickup availability thursday night (read, night, not late afternoon) and final drop off as late as Monday morning.

I continue to hope that I will be able to get some other folks to rent out machines as well. We need to require that the rentors submit proof of insurance to the Conference and the Hyatt, but we will not set rates - the rates mentioned will be for our operation only.

m

terryp
05-11-2004, 10:52 PM
For those of us who are counting on rentals being available, it would be great if there was a way we could get our names & email addresses on a list to be notified as soon as Seg reservations can be made. We don't want to miss out, but we don't want to have to check here every day either.

Practicing safe Segs in Seattle

Sal
05-11-2004, 11:39 PM
Terry, I totally agree with you... Can one of the people in charge be taking note of rental requests? I don't know if this is possible, but I knot that a lot of people will be made very happy when they know they'll have a glider to use during the weeend.

-Sal

Count me in for 2 rentals!

Think Different
www.apple.com

Answers that Matter
www.lilly.com

Matt
05-12-2004, 09:35 AM
Hey All, this is a great idea!
Email info@segfest.com and indicate your rental needs (pickup day and departure day and number of machines. Also indicate if you own a machine (i.e., no training necessary)). Please put Rental into the subject header.

Thanks,

matt