PDA

View Full Version : Segway Transporter For Sale

jmlcards
04-28-2004, 12:14 PM
Thanks to everyone for getting the word out for me on the website Segway-Human-Transporter.com. I have completed the sale on this domain name. :)

Now for sale ...

SEGWAY-TRANSPORTER.COM

If you're interested give me a call at 954-649-1095, email me at segway@jaredlandress.com or IM (AOL) me at WaxpackCom.

Price is best offer. Not looking for anything much. The website name is great for marketing, search engine placement and Segway sales of any kind. The name is spelled exactly as it should be. No funky characters or misspellings in it. I've owned the domain since the Segway first came out.

Thanks

Jared

Segway City
04-29-2004, 09:30 AM
Since "Segway" is a registered trademark, what are the prohibitions against using the word in a domain name?

vanclute
04-30-2004, 06:59 PM
Good question, since even this site itself has the word in its name...

J

Segway City
04-30-2004, 07:42 PM
Yes, but LLC has officially extended its hand to embrace this forum, and it is a not-for-profit entity. I'm curious if the domain name with the TM in it pointing to a business without the name in it would be okay.

jmlcards
05-03-2004, 02:46 PM
While the term "Segway" is trademarked, internet domains can be registered with any terms in them as long as you are not purposely deceiving the trademark owner. Large companies like Microsoft will go after you for using a name like "MikeRoweSoft.com", but they won't go after you for names like "CheapMicrosoftSoftware.com." It's all how you use the domain name. I wouldn't recommend buying this segway name and then using it to promote a Segway knockoff, but if you have a Segway business, or own a Segway yourself, this is a superb website name for you to own.

Jared :-)

vanclute
05-04-2004, 06:01 PM
Ahhh that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification Jared! =)

J

Segway City
05-04-2004, 07:03 PM
True, but if you were not a "sanctioned" dealer, I'm sure they would ultimately come after you. You can't call yourself "Bill's Used Ford", as Ford wants a piece of the profit for use of the name. I guess it'd be okay for a small-time operation that stayed under the radar.

JohnHHarrington
05-06-2004, 11:55 AM
Segway can pursue you for a trademark violation if they choose to. If you offer the URL to a dealer, they may balk at anything but a few dollars more than what you paid for it, and they'll ask Segway to pursue getting the URL back., and LLC probably would...you are attempting to profit from a trademarked name.

Happy gliding -- John

---------------
Ahhh.....yes....and so this is my signature now.