PDA

View Full Version : Beantown Blitz: FIRST Robot Competition in BOSTON

Race3
04-28-2004, 10:59 AM
Please be aware that there is an off season, FIRST robotics competition, The Beantown Blitz, on Saturday, May 22nd, from 7am - 6pm in Boston. The event will be held at Mathews Arena... which is part of Northeastern University. Here is a map: http://www.campusmap.neu.edu/

The event is FREE and open to the public.

Segways are welcomed and there will be others to glide around with.

If you have never seen a FIRST Robotics competition, this is an excellent opportunity to learn about the hard work and dedication of many high school students and their incredible and cool robots!

Please attend, your support is appreciated!

errapi
05-02-2004, 11:03 AM
Hi All!

My name is Erin Rapacki and I am the founder of the Beantown Blitz. I am also one of the event organizers (I'm a Northeastern Student as well), and I'm currently working at DEKA on the iBOT for my coop this term.

Many volunteers will be bringing their Segways, add onto that the people from DEKA and FIRST who might drop by... and there will be plenty of people to glide along with. I have to work on borrowing a Seg for that weekend (but that shouldn't be too difficult), and it should be a grand old time.

Actually, I have an idea! The Blitz will have a 1.5 hour break from 11:45-1:15 for lunch. Howabout a coordinated game of Segway Polo? (or something of that nature).

It'll mean a lot to me if you guys drop-on by, FIRST in Boston has waited long enough... and I'd like for this event to be enjoyed by as many parties as possible.

Thanks and I hope to see you there!

-erin

p.s. If you wish to help with the event and/or set-up on the Friday before (5/21), email me

errapi
05-20-2004, 02:49 PM
Well the event is 2 days away: does anyone plan on stopping by? It's going to be great!

Too much is not enough!

IndyFIRSTengineer
05-20-2004, 03:57 PM
Good Luck with the Blitz Erin. Hope to see you at IRI July 9-10 (I'll add that one to our calendar as time approaches).

Stuart Bloom - Rolls-Royce Corporation
FIRST Team 1018 - Pike High School "RoboDevils"

“Who goes out and says, ‘You have a better probability of winning the state lottery than making a nickel in professional sports. And by the way, last year two million exciting technical jobs went unfilled in this country because you weren't there to take that job. And it pays you 10 times as much as flipping burgers, and it's fun and it's exciting and you get to create things and build things and help make the world a better place and help make yourself a better living.’ Who tells them this?”
Dean Kamen, founder - FIRST Robotics

SegwayBill
05-20-2004, 09:32 PM
Is this the only venue on the east coast? Is it the same bots or a new design?

Bill