PDA

View Full Version : Sun is rising quick!

Matt
04-26-2004, 12:09 AM
Remember, the Early-Early Bird discount is only in effect until this Friday (at midnight though)!

The rationale behind this discount, just so you know we are not being merely arbitrary, is that we have to make the second deposit payment for the convention on the 1st of May. This is a big number of little bills, and so we thought that, rather than borrowing the money, we would allow folks a discount if they paid early enough for their money to go towards the payment. The final payment, due August 1st, is the really really big one. With the early-bird discount, we hope to entice other procastinators to register before then - but that date is months away, plenty of time.....

Cheers,
matt

Florida Ever-Glides
04-26-2004, 08:13 AM
Basic economics: The 'present value of future dollars'. You guys know your stuff...

It's going to be a GREAT EVENT in Segways evolution!

Tom Jacobson

Lohja
04-27-2004, 10:54 AM
quote:Originally posted by Matt

Remember, the Early-Early Bird discount is only in effect until this Friday (at midnight though)!

The rationale behind this discount, just so you know we are not being merely arbitrary, is that we have to make the second deposit payment for the convention on the 1st of May. This is a big number of little bills, and so we thought that, rather than borrowing the money, we would allow folks a discount if they paid early enough for their money to go towards the payment. The final payment, due August 1st, is the really really big one. With the early-bird discount, we hope to entice other procastinators to register before then - but that date is months away, plenty of time.....
Cheers,
matt

You got my attention. I registered this morning.

Lohja@cox.net

Matt
04-30-2004, 05:43 PM
Only 8 more hours until the the Segway Fest Price changes, don't wait.

Cheers,
matt

IndyFIRSTengineer
05-01-2004, 04:00 PM
So can you guys disclose how many registrations you have received at this point??

Stuart Bloom - Rolls-Royce Corporation
FIRST Team 1018 - Pike High School "RoboDevils"

“Who goes out and says, ‘You have a better probability of winning the state lottery than making a nickel in professional sports. And by the way, last year two million exciting technical jobs went unfilled in this country because you weren't there to take that job. And it pays you 10 times as much as flipping burgers, and it's fun and it's exciting and you get to create things and build things and help make the world a better place and help make yourself a better living.’ Who tells them this?”
Dean Kamen, founder - FIRST Robotics

fathertime
05-01-2004, 10:51 PM
Stuart,
I don't have a current count since we have received many more registrations yesterday that we are still processing, but I can tell you they have been coming in everyday and we are far ahead of our early expectations. Suffice it to say that SegwayFest will be well attended this year.
Chandra, Matt and I, are very excited about what we will get to share with all of you this year and can't wait to tell you about some other things that we are planning. We want this to be a pleasurable reveal with anticipation of the event and surprises at every turn.
This is going to be a banner year for the Segway and LLC and we are delighted to be a part of it!
Thank you all for your early registrations and your kind support. I can't tell you how many nice comments we have heard from the membership and, on behalf of the committee, we would all like to thank you!
[^]:D[8)]:);)[:P]

JR