PDA

View Full Version : looking for 1-2 i series in oc, ca.

zoomster
04-25-2004, 03:48 AM
Hello folks, I'm looking for 1-2 Segway i series for sale in OC, LA, Riverside, or San Diego counties in Ca. I looked on ebay, but don't feel comfortable purchasing anything for that sum of money without having the ability to see them in person and pay/receive goods at the same time. Any Cali sellers out there?

Thanks in advance,
Robert

ElectraGlide
04-25-2004, 11:38 AM
Sorry I'm not in CA, but I can give you details on two VERY good ,used, and original 10.0 software Segway "i" series here in Florida. Both are fine..one of them can hardly be distinguished from brand new.
I have sold to SegwayChat members, and on EBAY. I have owned and used 3 different Segways in the past year, and sold here and there. Drop me an EMAIL by clicking on my SC name and I will get back to you.

Steve

Burke
04-26-2004, 08:22 PM
There will be a new dealer opening a store in Anaheim in just a few days. They purchased two Segways almost a year ago and are very excited about their new Segway Store. It will be called Segway of Orange County. They will be very willing to set up an appointment with you to try them out and give you all the info necessary to make an intelligent buying decision. Call me at 800-788-8213 or e-mail me. You could be their very first customers!

Dick and Janice

BruceWright
04-26-2004, 08:38 PM
Congrats, you two.

-Bruce Wright

Segway: Vehicle of Dream

Burke
04-26-2004, 10:39 PM
Thank you, Bruce! More later. I'm so excited!

Zoomster, I assume you're looking to buy used machines, since there are Brookstone Stores and an L.A. dealer already available. Can't help you there. Purely out of curiosity, what are you planning to do with them? Have you ever been on one? We CAN help you there!

Janice

zoomster
04-27-2004, 01:00 AM
Hi Dick and Janice,
Thanks for the info. This is excellent for you. I would love to come see the store when it opens. What date is the grand opening? Can you post the address for us SoCal folks?
As far as the machines, I'm still looking for at least 1 used one. I have a new machine and would like another, but am trying to save money. With the resale value being as high as it is, I may go ahead with another new machine to keep the warranty. If I come to you guys, can I walk away with one same day or do they have to be shipped like with Amazon and Brookstone? Also, is the pricing the same? Again, thanks and have fun with your new venture. What a fun new business.....I'm jealous :) Good luck!!! No need for it with Segway.

larryjfaris
04-27-2004, 01:07 PM
Just a note for you zoomster. I have also been thinking of buying a used segway and kept thinking that the warranty of a new one was important. I contacted segway LLC and they have changed their policy as to transferable warranties. You can now buy one used and the 1 year warranty will remain in effect for the new buyer so long as you report the sale to segway with the old owners name phone and address along with your name phone and address. This is still only for the orig warranty so you must find out how long ago the orig buyer bought.
This is a new change for segway.

Sorry Janice ( Burke ) I don't mean to take a sale away, I am just sharing information. I wish you the best of luck with you new business.

By the way I actually bought used and I am thinking of buying another used one for my wife.

Larry J Faris
Re/Max Olson
visit my web page for real estate information at WWW.Larryfaris.com

Burke
04-27-2004, 11:31 PM
Hi, guys. We're just so excited, but we have to keep from getting ahead of ourselves. The store will be in Anaheim near the 91 and 55 freeways. We will be open for business at some point early in May and will be planning some special events. We'll do an official announcement here when the time comes. Yes, we will have units in stock. That's what it's all about! We also want to have some special incentive for Segway Chat members in our area, but that's not worked out yet.

Feel free to contact Dick directly via e-mail with any specific questions in the meantime. We look forward to meeting you!

Janice

zoomster
04-28-2004, 11:39 PM
Hey guys,
Thanks for the info!!