PDA

View Full Version : thinking of buying used is it ok? any 1 want sell?

larryjfaris
04-22-2004, 02:41 AM
Is it ok to buy them used? I herd someone say when you buy one new, they make you sign something saying you cant sell as used. Is that true?

Larry J Faris

Segway City
04-22-2004, 04:58 PM
That's a new one I haven't heard. I'd have to rank it somewhere between "Those things were outlawed" and "Didn't one of those kill somebody somewhere?".

Thanks to our forefathers, we in the US are obliged to follow freedom of choice as our guide post. Once you buy something, it is yours to do with as you please. There is no prohibition against resale, unless the unit is leased or rented, at which point you don't own what you are attempting to sell (fraud, theft, etc.)

Go out, Larry (great name!), and become one with the Seg. Purchase used and save a bundle. And without redress from those who may attempt to tell you otherwise.

bubba711
04-22-2004, 08:22 PM
I have a segway for sale. Was bought for my father who passed away
Was taken out of box and assembeld. Was ridden only one time.
Will take resonable offer. Can contact me at sherardm@bellsouth.net

Marie Sherard

larryjfaris
04-22-2004, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the advice. I thought that’s was strange. Well if there is anyone who is thinking of selling, just let me know. I test drove a segway today and really think I would like to buy one. I guess I'm still trying to convince myself to go out and just do it.

Larry J Faris

ions82
04-22-2004, 10:50 PM
I wouldn't say you could save a "bundle" by going used. Even ones on eBay often go for close to $4000. I was thinking about it as an option if all else falls through. However, if I were spending that kind of money, I'd spend a little bit more and get a brand new one with no history and a full warranty. Who knows? If you have to wait a little longer to buy, the time might come when they've got better batteries! However, I don't see it happening any time soon.

SegwayUtah
04-22-2004, 11:56 PM
Larry,

I think that the "early" Segway HTs (e.g. those sold to companies prior to March 2003) may have been under a "do not sale" pre-release restriction.

Any Segway HTs that are bought are yours :)

Chris

larryjfaris
04-23-2004, 01:59 AM
This forum seems to be great. Thanks to everyone for their response. I appreciate it. Hopefully once I have one I may be able to give others advice. Bubba711 I will email you and thanks for letting me know of you interest in selling.

Larry J Faris

ElectraGlide
04-23-2004, 11:02 AM
Larry,
I sent you an E-Mail about two different "i" series in perfect condition that are available with the now desired original 10.0 software .

Steve

larryjfaris
04-23-2004, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the note steve I will email you. note to bubba 711 I sent you an email just woundering if you got it. I never received a reply. hope all is well.

Larry J Faris