PDA

View Full Version : Professional Segway Tour/Rental Association

Florida Ever-Glides
04-06-2004, 11:28 PM
I am beginning to assemble the 'best of the best' in the segway tour/rental business environment. We will be putting together a 'much needed' organization to support the new cottage-industry of Segway rental and tour businesses.

The timing now is critical to put together an association that sets safe standards of 'business' operation, standardized criteria, ethical practice standards, and a recognized certification process.

Our goal is to make segway related businesses operate in a way that will bring insurance comapnies back and provide business insurance to a safe-operating industry.

More info will follow, and we plan to introduce the new association to revelant parties at Segway Fest 2004.

Tom Jacobson

Johnhutch
04-19-2004, 06:50 AM
Hi Tom

Do you have a sample of an indemnity form as used in rentals?
Which insurance companies offer public liability insurance cover, as required by the admin authorities with jurisdiction over the area in which a rental business operates?

LarryL
04-19-2004, 12:31 PM
John:
This is Larry, not Tom, but I am working with Tom on this Association. We are not ready to present any of this information yet. We are putting it all together and when we have it ready to present we will let you know. We don't want to rush out and give information to people until the we are sure we have all our "Segs In A Row" so to speak.

Larry Lambeth
Fun Transport, LLC
Spokane and Las Vegas

beckpm
06-12-2004, 10:44 PM
Tom / Larry,
Are you still planning to hold sessions on safety standards and business operations at segway fest in october?

<div align="right">http://www.segwaychat.com/photos/beckpm/smallsig.GIF</div id="right">

Florida Ever-Glides
06-13-2004, 10:29 PM
Peter,

Matt and Jim are working dilligently to put together a great Segway Fest 2004 with different informative sessions. If they desire to have me present on safe training or responsible operations, I will be happy to share what I have learned to make segway related businesses more safe...

Tom Jacobson

fathertime
06-13-2004, 10:47 PM
Tom,
Both Matt and I would be delighted to have you hold forth on the wisdom of operating safely and any knowledge that you would be willing to share with the attendees on the touring operation will be more than welcome.
Chandra, I, and now Matt have always wanted SegwayFest to be a participatory event for the entire community...of, by, and for, the people. We have always felt that the free flow of knowledge and civilized exchange of ideas is the goal.
Feel free to contact us off line to discuss the possibilities when you get the chance.[^]

JR