PDA

View Full Version : DC Experience

Segman2004
04-01-2004, 10:37 AM
Hello from Austin, Texas!

I have been looking for info relating to Segway Tours in Washington, DC. I've done a little background research, but haven't come up with too much as far as contact info. Does anyone have any info on who I can speak with regarding their tours there?

My wife and I are moving to DC and I would like to be involved. Eventually we will return to Austin and I would like to begin something here, but am looking for some experience during our short stay (12 months) in DC.

Thank you, Mark

Florida Ever-Glides
04-02-2004, 09:51 AM
I don't know of any DC tours that are up and running at this time. I have had several inquires from individuals interested in starting up a tour business there.

Tom Jacobson

Turtle
07-09-2004, 11:54 AM
I just bought my new p133 from netPedallers in Annapolis, Maryland. Among other things, they just started a Segway rental and guided tour business they call SegsInTheCity (URL below). Basically, they have three deals: a $5, five-minute quick-try session in the store so you can see if you like the HT; a 45-minute guided tour and training session around the old part of Annapolis, pointing out landmarks and historic stuff, and a 90-minute version of the same thing. Apparently it's got some interest... they've got probably six or 8 i-series for rental. They're at 42 Randall Street in the heart of Annapolis (at the corner of Randall and Prince George). I talked to Dick, one of the principals, and they're expanding into DC for tours, etc. but they're just getting started in Annapolis.

http://www.segsinthecity.net

Turtle

=========================
Segway owner since 09/02:
"Old No. 461"
Oldest Segway in Maryland
=========================