PDA

View Full Version : Segway Sponsored Workshops

Matt
03-30-2004, 10:17 PM
Segway has graciously offered to sponsor a number of workshops at Segway Fest. We would like to submit to the community to suggest topics that would be of general interest. The topics can be anything from recapping last years battery discussion to updates on the dealer front to international aspects to anything else you care to suggest.

Write in to the forum here and we will discuss them. I have asked Segway to monitor this colloquium directly so that they can see what the community is interested in.

Stewbonz
03-30-2004, 10:36 PM
I think it would be cool to see what was involved in the design process. Perhaps they could bring some mould making materials and sculpt a piece of the Segway. Show us how a fender was made.....
I really enjoyed the video from Dana at SegwayLLC with behind the scenes, home movies from the company, very funny stuff.
I wonder if John Kerry could show up?
Being able to stay upright on a Segway should be a pre-requisite for being president. Agreed?

JEFF JARVIS
http://www.thailandsegwaytours.com/

Segway City
03-31-2004, 02:18 AM
I think a certified trainer course would be nice. Also a functional ibot for trial.

Florida Ever-Glides
03-31-2004, 09:39 AM
A certified trainer course would be great.

Tom Jacobson

Matt
04-11-2004, 09:41 PM
What about something like a practical service guide?

Stan671
04-11-2004, 11:35 PM
I would love to watch an HT get totally disassembled into all it's pieces. This would be hard for everyone in a large crowd to see, though. Perhaps with a handheld video camera projecting the close-ups onto a large screen.

Then, for part 2, we can have several blind-folded Segway engineers try to re-assemble it. <grin>

But I am serious about part 1.

Stan Dobrowski

MagiMike
04-12-2004, 09:42 AM
Having missed last years battery update, I'd like to see a re-run or similar discussion.

I'd also like to hear more about the most recent sofeware update, the so called 12.1 update.

IndyFIRSTengineer
04-12-2004, 05:16 PM
I agree with Tom and Larry,

Certified Trainer/Coach Workshop would be very valuable and MUCH appreciated.

And I also very much enjoyed the opportunity to see the Ibot in person, and try one out, at last years 'fest.

Stuart Bloom - Rolls-Royce Corporation
FIRST Team 1018 - Pike High School "RoboDevils"

“Who goes out and says, ‘You have a better probability of winning the state lottery than making a nickel in professional sports. And by the way, last year two million exciting technical jobs went unfilled in this country because you weren't there to take that job. And it pays you 10 times as much as flipping burgers, and it's fun and it's exciting and you get to create things and build things and help make the world a better place and help make yourself a better living.’ Who tells them this?”
Dean Kamen, founder - FIRST Robotics

wheeler
05-07-2004, 07:14 PM
I didn't get a chance to ride the IBOT last year, I'd love another chance to try it.

How did I miss the LLC home movies? those I'd like to see.

What about presentation of little Known tricks, facts, maint tips? And maby throw in some tests a users can do to trouble shoot basic problems.

Wheeler

If you can't tie good knots, tie LOTS of them.

wwhopper
05-16-2004, 06:14 PM
More Glide time - less classroom time....

Would be my suggestion.

Gliding for max battery usage

Safety gliding in a group

Safe gliding in a pedestrian environment

The more on HT time the better in my mind..

Will W Hopper,IFDA
Washington, DC, USA

Sal
05-16-2004, 08:30 PM
I second a few of Will's suggestions:

Gliding for Max battery usage

More glide time, less classroom time.

And how about this one: maximizing the new batteies! LOL

-Sal

Think Different
www.apple.com

Answers that Matter
www.lilly.com

http://home.earthlink.net/~sal1k/images/si2f.jpg

pam
05-17-2004, 08:25 AM
I found last year's useage stats fun, and if you have a new crew of attendees this year, I think it would be nice to redo. There they put a special control shaft on your Segway and take you off and ask you to do several different moves (including writing your name <G>) and then when you go back, they download the info from the computer in the bag on the CS, and tell you about HOW you ride - plus you get a nice picture of your name written in Segway Ridereze. <G>
Pam