PDA

View Full Version : Questions about segfest...

johndjmix
03-21-2004, 02:42 AM
Question, I am planing on attending. My girlfriend will be coming with me, she is wondering if there will be segway rentals there for her?

--John

SegwayUtah
03-21-2004, 02:50 AM
John,

Florida is second only to New Hampshire in terms of being a "Segway mecca" :)

There are so many dealerships in Florida. The organizers have said, positively, that plenty of Segways will be available for rent.

If you get past the girlfriend stage into the fiancee stage by SegFest, you might have to get her one too ;) Just teasing.

Chris

Matt
03-21-2004, 02:01 PM
We are going to try to line up a number of folks with rental businesses or dealerships to come to the fest and rent machines. Not just to those who don't have them but also to those who don't wnat to bring their own. It might be an opportunity for people to rent p's who have i's and try them out or for people to rent machines with 12.0 to see if they want to upgrade.

Last year we had only Relay bring machines and they rented out 20-30. This year, I expect there to be more people who will want to rent and I don't expect a single vendor to be able to bring enough machines. Additionally, there are people like Tom at EverGlides who may elect to shutter his business for the weekend - by bringing his machines down to rent out will give folks like him the ability to stil make some revenue.

We will, however, require each organization who wants to rent machines out to bring proof of insurance. This is going to be required by both the Resort and Innoventions.

johndjmix
03-22-2004, 01:35 AM
Cool, if anyone that will be renting down there see's this thread, leave your email/phone so i can call you and reserve a machine!

--John