PDA

View Full Version : importing

bujuburge
03-17-2004, 08:49 PM
Hi all
I'm a first time poster looking for a bit of advice.
I'm from the UK and was transferred to the US for work. I'm heading home after a year in Georgia and am looking to parcel a segway up and mail it to myself in the UK. I'd be silly not to now that the dollar is so cheap in relation to the pound.

Anyway, a couple of other people want me to send them segways too. Now, I was wondering if this was legal, or would I be treading in murky water.
Would I need to be getting an import licence? Do Segway hold the import licence? Do I just need a licence if, for example, I'm importing more than 10, or if the total value is more than $10,000 etc.?

Or can I just mail away? Any help much appreciated

gotseg
03-17-2004, 09:27 PM
http://www.planetmoto.co.uk/

These guys do all the hard work it sounds like, look into them.

http://www.giguphosting.com/gotseg/gotseg.gif

pam
03-18-2004, 09:11 AM
Sounds like you're wanting to know about UK law... I"m afraid I haven't the faintest. The only one on the group who has actually taken a slew of Segways into another country took them into Thailand. I had an email from Nick at planetmoto recently and he mentioned that the price has come down - probably because of the dollar/pound ratio.
Pam

TiVoAussie
03-20-2004, 03:16 AM
I know nothing about UK regulations, but if they are anything like Australia's (and they often are) I wish you the best of luck. It appears considerably easier to import heroin into Aus than it is to import a Segway.

There are a little over six thousand Segway owners!
There are a little over six billion people in the world!
I'm one in a million! :)

BenjiUK
03-27-2004, 05:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by bujuburge

Hi all
I'm a first time poster looking for a bit of advice.
I'm from the UK and was transferred to the US for work. I'm heading home after a year in Georgia and am looking to parcel a segway up and mail it to myself in the UK. I'd be silly not to now that the dollar is so cheap in relation to the pound.

Hi

I'm in the UK with my seg, I bought from Planet Moto early on, and their price has considerably fallen since then! worth checking them out, but be warned they are not an official importer, I'm not sure what Segway LLC say about it!

When you're back over get in touch, It's lonely gliding on my own!

Cheers
B.