PDA

View Full Version : SegwayFest Announcement

Florida Ever-Glides
03-15-2004, 09:14 AM
Fathertime or Matt:

Are you planning on printing up any flyer or announcement for the Segway Fest 2004? I would love to have something to hand out at my storefront. It should also be distributed all around Ft. Myers. I'm sure many people would love to come out one day for a special 'large' demo opportunity and to be around so many HT's.

Tom Jacobson

Matt
03-15-2004, 10:56 AM
That is a great idea Tom. We will get working on something as soon as we get the website up and running. The saleman for the eCommerce front end to the website, which belongs to the Band of Nebraska, has a house near Naples and a son in FIRST. They are probably going to come too, even though they don't have Segways!

We are also working with the county to do a big outdoor demo at one of their fields.

ElectraGlide
03-15-2004, 11:37 AM
quote:Originally posted by Florida Ever-Glides

Fathertime or Matt:

I'm sure many people would love to come out one day for a special 'large' demo opportunity and to be around so many HT's.

A lot of people would show up if they knoew there was a gathering of Segways. The media should be used ( they give free exposure ) and the public should be invited to attend with an entry fee which would underwrite OUR costs. Perhaps Dean could give some face time to the cameras ( which would bring even more media to the event ).More exposure means more sales , and isnt that what it's all about?? Segway demos could be sold for a small donation to FIRST.

Steve

proseg
03-16-2004, 03:36 PM
For additional public exposure, maybe you could do some large gathering worthy of qualifying with Guiness Book of World Records. Example, world's largest group calisthenics while on Segways or largest square dance on Segways. See if Guiness would show to recognize the event. Might fit right in with some of the activities that are already planned.

Matt
03-16-2004, 09:40 PM
Actually, we could probably register just as the largest gathering of Balancing Mancines.
Tell you what ProSeg...You get Guiness or Ripley to come and do something and we will find away to comp you something. Let's talk offline!

fathertime
03-16-2004, 09:42 PM
Good idea Proseg...we'll look into it![^]

JR

Florida Ever-Glides
03-17-2004, 09:46 AM
Fathertime or Matt:

I have a news contact at NBC in Fort Myers. Let me know if we would like to contact her. They came up to do a story in Sarasota about our business. I would think they would be interested in covering Segway Fest 2004, right in their neighborhood. Please let me know...

Tom Jacobson

fathertime
03-19-2004, 01:28 PM
Good idea Tom...we'll be in touch as the date draws near.

JR