PDA

View Full Version : SegFest04 Hotel too pricey ?? Then Do THIS....

ElectraGlide
03-11-2004, 12:29 PM
Dont dispair if the Hyatt Resort may be too costly for some of you to attend the next gathering. I'm looking at the poll numbers and I think price may have something to do about it. Lets see what the Hyatts final price will be, but in the meantime there's an alternative if needed .Here's an idea to save you a substantial sum and you can still attend all the fun stuff here in Florida. Why not make a reservation and stay at a nearby hotel with lower rates ?? I'm not very familiar with Naples and Marco Island because I live on the east side of Florida, but I'm sure there must be many places within a few miles that will have lower rates for you and some of you can buddy up on a mini-van rental to haul each other and your machines to and from.....or leave them over-nite in other members rooms at Hyatt( glad to help out if needed). If you start early enough, and gather support, you may be able to get a great discount for yourselves as a group in one or more nearby hotels.
This is just my thought.......take it from here !

Steve

pam
03-11-2004, 12:35 PM
OK, before you all jump on Steve's bandwagon, let me tell you that the usual position on this kind of thing is that the rates on the convention rooms, etc., are based on the numbers of hotel rooms that are booked. If we all look for places outside of the convention hotel to sleep in "to save money" - then the cost of the individual registrations for SegFest will have to be increased to cover the increased cost of the convention rooms.

Before everyone jumps on their wagon now assuming that the roomrate will be outrageous, please just wait until we know what rate has been negotiated. I've been in many hotels where the rate on the back of the door wasn't anywhere near the rate I paid.

Pam

SegwayUtah
03-11-2004, 09:56 PM
Just a note: I went to a conference this week and stayed at a $300/night Marriot hotel. Conference rate: $89.

If we do this right, we should be able to get a good rate.

Chris

terryp
03-12-2004, 05:02 PM
I, for one, am not about to jump to conclusions on room rate. Just remember who's putting this thing together. They sure didn't let us down last year, did they?

Practicing safe Segs in Seattle

ElectraGlide
03-12-2004, 05:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by terryp

They sure didn't let us down last year, did they?

Actually, last year I made my reservation too late and didnt get a room at Hyatt, but everything was OK, I got a room close to my girlfriends out in the burbs and drove in every day. Well, I wont be making that mistake this year......I intend to stay at the Resort!

Steve

pam
03-12-2004, 07:19 PM
It's definitely fun staying with the rest of the crew.
Pam

Freddy
03-13-2004, 04:30 PM
I spend time Ft Myers every few months. Yes you can find cheaper motels in town. But Naples is expensive, Very expensive,
The Ft Myers beach area just north is a resort community ( not so cheap)
I stayed at Printers Row and besides the price being great It was nice to glide back and forth.
I was thinking the resort price is higher, but the admission price is really much much lower $ 30 and $20 a day
Didn't we pay $150 for SF 03 ?
The total I spend will be lower than last year for hotel and admission
Things to consider
Price of Resort--- Even nicer than McCormick Place
Price of Admission-- Cheaper for us and Spouses that only show once
Being with Everyone.-- The best part !!!
Supporting Jim, Without enough participating bodies there is no
SEGFEST
Just run the numbers you will see that it will probably cost you less than last year and if you bring Spouse/friends and family you will really save money by combining vacations & they will be happy to have you go off and play with your HT and leave them alone.
TRUST JIM he never let us down before
Freddy

Matt
03-13-2004, 08:55 PM
Please note - the prices for Segway Fest have not been posted. The numbers that Freddy is refering to are test numbers that the eCommerce vendor used to test the system. They are not correct. We will not be posting actual numbers until next week.