PDA

View Full Version : Seg-On Padded Shipping Bag

wayne
03-09-2004, 11:09 PM
http://www.kcaps.com/I__P_Shipping_Bag.jpg

Fully enclosed shipping bag. I series shown.

Heavy charcoal grey Sunbrela canvas. Padded fenders and wheels.
Nylon straps with handle used to support and lift the Seg.
Bottom is double layered (one canvas and one heavy vinyl coated nylon).

Padded control shaft and handlebar can be carried by itself or on the Seg.
Has clear plastic pocket for all you shipping information.

Also great for when carrying Seg in vehicle. Makes it easier to lift.
Put Seg in padded bag and protect your car seats and protect your Seg at the same time.

I Series-----$155.00
P Series-----$140.00

More photos later.

Seg-On
www.kcaps.com

Wayne

gotseg
03-10-2004, 12:04 AM
Wayne man, your awsome! This is by far one of your best yet! I can see this being a hit!

http://www.giguphosting.com/gotseg/gotseg.gif

Ground Loop
03-10-2004, 01:10 AM
Nice! Just the thing to keep the passenger seat clean from the dirty Seg wheels. I like!

statmed
03-10-2004, 11:35 PM
Any estimated price yet, just a ballpark figure will keep us happy for now.

Thanks
HS

H.M. Stern
statmed@optonline.net

I Love It When A Plan Comes Together (Hannibal Smith)

Zorba9
03-11-2004, 12:34 AM
Good work once again Wayne, You go guy! Love the Segway "gray" color you have the bags in. Can we get it in chartruese? -:)

KOG

Zorba9.....

wayne
03-13-2004, 09:16 PM
A couple more pictures showing the double layered bottom with wraparound straps and pocket for your name and address.

Two zippers and velcro for easy access.

Seg-On
Wayne

http://www.kcaps.com/I__P_Shipping_bag_B.jpg

fredkap
03-14-2004, 12:58 PM
Wayne,

I have been waiting for something like this. Congratulations!!!

Fred

SegwayBill
03-15-2004, 12:52 AM
Nice Wayne, What about airlines will they allow this as baggage?

Bill

Neelix
03-15-2004, 02:28 AM
Wayne, its great! I love it, might have to pick one up so I can get my Seg to SegFest this year!

-------------------------
Fear not, for even though I come from the Forbidden City, I surely do not agree with the rules.
Chris Knight

defenbaugh
03-15-2004, 07:08 PM
Neelix beat me to it. This is great for segfest. We plan to drive with an enclosed trailer. I was wondering how to secure the HTs so as not to get marked and dirt. This fits the bill. Are you shipping now?

Ron
"Literacy requires reading, change requires effort and enlightenment requires courage."

wayne
03-15-2004, 07:37 PM
Thanks Ron,

Good talking to you. Will ship your I Series Shipping Bag by Wednesday.

Wayne

fredkap
03-16-2004, 10:35 AM
Wayne,

How much does the bag weigh? If I take the batteries off and pack the control stick separately, what is the weight? I'm figuring that it will be close to 62 pounds and if I give airport curb side check-in a nice tip, I may avoid surcharges. What are the dimensions? What is the likelihood of baggage handlers to destroy my Seg? Too many questions!

-Fred

wayne
03-16-2004, 11:17 AM
Fred,

Weight is a little over 2 lbs.
25 inches wide and 20 inches tall (I Series).

Baggage handlers, I can't help you on that.
Who knows how they handle your stuff when you are not looking.
The bag is padded with a layer of foam and the canvas is tough and durable. The bottom has an extra layer of vinyl coated woven nylon(herculite)stitched to the outside bottom.
The straps run all the way around the bag with a handle on each side that makes it easy to lift and move.
Now if you want something foolproof I would put it in a wood or steel box.

As always with baggage, put a large sign on it saying "Handle with care".

Wayne

Lohja
03-16-2004, 06:49 PM
It's a nice bag for packaging; but I'm not sure I'd trust those airplane people with it. If they handled it with care, it would probably be OK. But, what if they stacked 3 or 4 suitcases on top of it. Could you possibly pad it with additional foam, bubble wrap or even those "peanuts"? What say Wayne?

wayne
03-17-2004, 02:50 PM
Lohja,

Probably the correct name should be travel bag.

This was made with the intension of someone wanting to pack and carry it in a car, truck, trailer and etc.
Also for those that do fly with their Seg they could use the bag to protect it and made it easier to pick up when taking it on the plane.

If I had to send my Seg off without me I would box it up. If I was going on a train or plane (if they let me carry it with me) I would use the bag over a box.
When you get where you are going you can remove the bag, fold it up and hop on the Seg.

It's kinda like the kickstand, some lay their Seg up against something with a chance of falling and causing damage and some use the kickstand.

Seg-On
Wayne

ZoliHonig
03-18-2004, 08:48 PM
don't you think little wheels and a waist high handle would be good, so you don't have to lift it and you can wheel it around easily??

[8]-Zoli[8]