PDA

View Full Version : FRUMPYNESS

vanos
12-28-2002, 07:47 PM
well bruce,
you are likely to be as frumpy as your admitted reply that stated

"you cant compare apples and oranges"

well i really hav 2 go thru all this since you are not as discriminating /aware in SCIENCE as you proport to be....

the VW is proven by years of euro satisfaction.

the pollution figures in the insight article you hold dearly to your chest is just a big touchy feely PROMO from that crowd!

Let Us Say BIASED -----> "YOUR MILeaGE Will Be LESS"...........
here r the figures ur article had.... hmmm....

INSITE-3.1 t/yr (5 spd) vW: 4.7 t/yr(5spd)
3.4 t/yr (CVT) 5.5 t/yr (Auto)

yeah--1.7 tones (5 speed) MORE per year than honduh is negligable pollution increase (yeah IT IS MORE---BUT) compared to the entire REAL WORLD THERMAL EFFICENCY values to all other INEFFICIENT vehicles that now populate/overload/occupy our gridlocked highways.

-you truly need to put things in perspective sir.

----->OH YEAH u must PROLLY OWN two- [u]2 </u>SUV dopey unsafe vehicles since you want to follow the "im a sheep - too" syndrome...
SEE HOW MANY TONNES SUBs (sport utility boats) EMIT PER HOUR and youll get the hang of these facts !! not including DISMAL SAFETY FACTS these sub's produce. DYNAMIC safety should be a rational -PARAMOUNT ISSUE now since death rates are nearing 60,000 PER YEAR- what thats a VIETNAM WAR EACH YEAR!!

IF 60,000 deaths OCCURED IN THE AIRLINE INDUSTRY---PEOPLE WOULD BE BURNING DOWN AIRPORTS - sir !

DUUDE !! where's MY LIFE ?????

"[u]AFTER YOUR SEGWAY CLASS</u>--
->GO TO A REAL-WORLD DRIVING/road RACING COURSE AND LEARN PHYSICS" ie: how to drive and how to drive in the RAIN TOO !!!! it will be the ABSOLUTE BEST $400.00 YOU WILL [u]EVER </u>SPEND.
DO IT NOW

get past your EGOS !

next --"SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT"....
on the insight You have to struggle to even get close to the MPG figures touted by this article/company-- by putting eggs between your foot and the accel pedal... SIMPLY PUT that the insite is
so "ON -THE -EDGE" [u]as far as its miserly operati</u>on,
in other words : any load placed in that vehicle, any head winds, any snow, any h2o, any sand dust etc -- AKA real world encounters will usually destroy any advantage of this hybrid theory thingy--simply put the Vw will attain better figures ACROSS THE BOARD in REAL WORLD stuations/loads/DYNAMICS--- THAN WILL THE honduh. since the insite is operating HARDER-continuously than a tdi in these REAL WORLD conditions

IE: NOT REALLY USEABLE- real world

what im trying to say --it [u]is</u> THE correct step for the future;
--->>>the Vw TDi vehicles get more than [u]DOUBLE </u>the mileage
(btu THERMAL EFFICENCY!!)than ALL other cars {gas-Petrol} AND
suv {they are neither sport, NOR utility} currently that are- what u see now, currently on the USA highways-

--->READ--LESS DEPENDENCE ON FUEL sources/REFINING etc....

REALITY ! HELLO! >real world figures, mind you<
please note: the TDI is a car u can buy NOW- with AWESOME pollution figures
for a non Hybrid !! [u]N-O-R-M-A-L </u> cheap to maintain, cheap to refuel, maintain, no special diagnostics to maintain 'down the road' .u can put four- 6 foot adults in the TDi with one SEGWAY,
[u]and simply---u can buy it N-O-W </u>

and easily SERVICED :)))

["simple" hmmm... kind of sounds like the honduh RAP ]

besides all the above; (which comes as standard equipment)--->
is the M A N Y SAFETY ISSUES which SEEMS to be a "prominent WORRY"
in this somewhat ignorant -of physics auto Segment THE insight volvo prius crowd SEGMENT ___> AND OF WHICH MOST peeps CHOOSE TO IGNORE -

facts to ponder whilst your hurtling [u]120 feet per second </u>next to ME:

your ability to stop & STOPPING DISTANCE FROM 70 MPH
[& with full load! ] --->how many feet will, you travel before that dismal SUV stopping distance becomes RELEVANT to your LIFE????????

ACCIDENT A V O I D A N C E
[robust suspension & your ability again] [AGAIN SUVS fail HERE]

CRASHABILITY

FADE resistance of continuous braking--->IE going down TIOGA Pass in YOsemite WITH 4 passengers& FULL CAMPING LOAD
[4 channel , 4 wheel BOSCH abs discs]{btw way cool stuff}

again SIMPLY put: the insight does not compete with the tdi[u] REAL WORLD PERFormance</u> {apples and oranges}

hello physics!!! again

the insight is narrowly marketed for a specific DEMO & Product PLACEMENT
FOLKS! the insight prius etc --isnt 'real world'!!!

PLEASE REFER TO the E. U. for the awesome consumer success/love of the diesels- renault clio/peugeot 205/vw golf etc segments-
IE: fuel efficency, popularity, pride of ownership-PERFORMANCE- adnauseum. oh yeah economy of purchase too
REMEMBER THEY ARE PAYING -NOW $7.50/gallon for gas there (IMOLA ITALY)-what happs when 'da war starts???

and the direct injection diesel is VERY CLEAN-
-please go breathe the exhaust on a new TDi- I dare ya!

that honda insight ricer is vapourware and besides, that insight web page is awfully B I A S E D and dangerous- dont believe anything u read by auto hypesterzz
-doesnt tell the entire STORY!!! -and BTW these cars ARE dangerous; the insight would be off the road on the 2nd sweeper going 50 mph past the out-houses on the side of the road goin thru YOSEMITE's awesome roads (tioga pass) with those [u]pathetic </u>2" wide, skinny s rated tyres. who approved THAT?? s rated tires hmm those last few grammes per mile of fuel consumption.

horrible no safety and i wouldnt want to be driving it when it has over a 150,000 miles on one either....

LOL!!

PUH-LEESE
stay away from me with those golf carts- too dangerous to
be [u]ON THE ROAD !!</u>
endangers other drivers
those S rated tires-hmmm
total yuck/stupidity

and as i said before all your frumpy non-real world rebuttal-----

[u]MY SEGWAY DOES [u]</u>FIT IN THE BOOT [trunk] OF THE GOLF/BORLA (jetta)/Passat !!!</u>

LOL

hapi new year and safety 4 ALL

vanos
12-28-2002, 07:53 PM
WOOPS

THIS WAS IN REPLY TO THE

Segway vs. NEV DISCUSSION

SORRY

JosephM
12-28-2002, 08:09 PM
damn frumpyness.....

Visit our FIRST Help Boards at http://tucker.helix-designs.com//index.php !!

ftropea
12-28-2002, 08:17 PM
Admin Edit: Moved to Sci/Tech.

Regards,

Frank A. Tropea