PDA

View Full Version : Used Segway on Amazon.com

np
02-16-2004, 05:01 AM
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/offering/list/-/B00007EPJ6/all/ref=pd_ka_1a/104-9158935-8959111

Price Condition Seller Information

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$2,425.00
Very good Seller: guerrero1 (Safe buying guarantee)
Rating: (Seller Profile)
Availability: Item usually ships in 1-2 business days; Ships from OR, United States.
See shipping rates

Comments: This Segway HT was ridden for a year as a part of a promotion for a raffle. I won the Segway and have put it to use when the weather allowed. Some scuff marks on the wheels, works great.

odyssey924
02-19-2004, 05:22 AM
Alright, someone bought this! Who bought my Segway!!?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."
Oh, and I want a Segway...

iceycold288
03-04-2004, 09:46 PM
I am intirested in buying any used segways, please contact me at iceycold288@yahoo.com if anybody has any info. thanks

odyssey924
03-05-2004, 11:39 PM
Saw some more units at Amazon all for sale by the same guy with no feedback for $2475 each. He's selling 5 and he has bad grammer in his description which desribes pretty much nothing in the first place... To me, this is a bit of a warning label. I see however, that Amazon's A-Z guarantee covers up to $2500 if the seller fails to send the item. Do you guys think it's worth the chance of trying one of these?

scoghill
03-06-2004, 06:47 PM
I just tried to order one and the order was cancelled per this email explaination:

We're sorry, we're unable to complete your order from an Amazon Marketplace seller kappa92025@yahoo.com. We have canceled this transaction and you have not been charged for the order.

Your order included the following items:

1 of Segway Human Transporter (HT) i Series [Electronics]

On occasion, an Amazon Marketplace purchase cannot be completed.

In this case, the seller is currently unable to accept payment. Amazon Marketplace items must be paid for via Amazon.com Payments. Since the seller is temporarily unable to receive payment by that means, please search our site for an available copy of this item from another seller, or return and attempt to purchase from this seller again at a later time.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Guess the old saying "if it sounds to good to be true....." comes into play here again.

odyssey924
03-06-2004, 07:41 PM
Ah...that's too bad. I guess I'll stay away from them then. Thanks for letting me know.