PDA

View Full Version : Hello! Segway Calling!

4Seg
09-12-2002, 12:05 AM
hey all.
Tiquers would see this as a hoax; however, yesterday was paramount. I received a call from a Segway rep yesterday. It caught me so off guard I didn't even have time to loose composure. :D

The rep was from Bedford and was calling for a survey on my personal Segway application, demographic and general information.

Some of the questions involved age, location (Downtown St. Louis), how many days a week I would be using IT.

One question still rings in my head, "Would you plan to purchase or lease." I told him purchase of course. I just wonder if S.LLC plans on leasing options.

I mentioned my Chicago experience www.stlsegway.com/movies and other possibilities here in St. Louis. The rep and I talked for about 30 or 40 minutes. Two times during the conversation, he mentioned that our conversation was unique and he offered to pass it on to the sales department for further contact.

He said the P series will be available; however, he almost swallowed his tongue when I said, "When will the P series be available, around March 1st?" I think he wondered what I knew. ;) The price, also from our conversation is actually lower. I don't think it's appropriate to mention the new proposed price at this time.

Well, Broo, I hope I'm not giving myself a blackeye here; however, I very excited about the business possibilities. I told the rep I am interested in buying an i series. Again, we are in the queue in a shorter stack.

Should I mention anyone else? I want to persue this with cautios optimism and enthusiasm.

(how can I get email back when someone responds to this posting?)

I will be working on the site and will be dropping the forum. SegwayChat, with its positive attitude and community is exactly what enthusiasts deserve.

Brooster
09-12-2002, 03:51 AM
4-Seg, your post mirrors what we've discussed via e-mail. You and I are the only two people who have made an effort to share the Chicago show with the community of interested parties, and I'm happy that you're here with us.

I don't think you can get e-mail messaging through this site, but if you contact one of us I'm sure we can manage to get a message through to almost anyone here.

Broo

4Seg
09-12-2002, 07:46 AM
quote:Originally posted by Brooster

4-Seg, your post mirrors what we've discussed via e-mail. You and I are the only two people who have made an effort to share the Chicago show with the community of interested parties, and I'm happy that you're here with us.

I don't think you can get e-mail messaging through this site, but if you contact one of us I'm sure we can manage to get a message through to almost anyone here.

Broo

Thx Broo. Speaking of Chicago, I just had to watch CJ's video again. The goggles crack me up. I was showing a friend of mine Dave's video and how he demonstrates hands-free Segway. ;)

What would be your plans from Segway?

charmed
09-12-2002, 07:47 AM
Good for you, 4-Seg!

Seg-wager
09-12-2002, 09:55 AM
quote:don't think it's appropriate to mention the new proposed price at this time.

Okay, fine, be that way! ;) This is some of the most exciting news we've heard in awhile, so I am officially now SAVING FOR a SEGWAY. Thanks for being so composed (at least enough to get us the info!)

ftropea
09-12-2002, 10:37 AM
That's really interesting! Could you give us an idea about what kind of questions they asked? Did you get a clue as to the features of the "P" series? What led them to contact to? I'm not sure I understand what you meant by "Personal Segway Application."

What first crossed your mind when you answered the phone and learned Segway-LLC was on the other end? hehe

muckle
09-12-2002, 10:57 AM
Why do you feel that telling us the price would be inappropriate?

baantjer
09-12-2002, 12:04 PM
You didn't sign an NDA, did you?

4Seg
09-12-2002, 02:50 PM
No, NDA - however will respect potential confidential information if offered.

I was shock when "Joe Segue" (to protect the innocent) called. He got my info from my business registration I placed on their site back in Feb.

Price: inappropriate to mention at this time; however, I will say that a recent TIQer comment was a buck off. Now, I'm not saying that is a 'quoted' price; however, I was asked if I would be more inclined to purchase one if IT was around that price. (duh! - or course - it's better than 3k) Being a bit cynical, I mentioned I would buy a i-series at that price as well. ;)

Next posting I should have some of the questions I was asked. The conversation was about 1/2 hour long. I really hope the sales department calls. (I'm calling the ducks to get lined up. lol)

(Oh, I'm still holding my prediction (TIQ) on the release date)