PDA

View Full Version : Disney again.. CRUISES this time..

Shawnee88
02-11-2004, 04:57 AM
http://www.segway.com/connect/calendar.html

From that page (^) I got this clipping:

Segway on Display

Disney Cruise Line
Available for limited time rentals to cruise passengers.

So, DIsney will let it's cruise passengers rent Segways but won't allow them in the park? What if someone rents one in a package deal with Disney cruises, and has an accident? Hmmm.. sounds like Disney is playing 2 sides here...

NLKotter
02-11-2004, 09:21 AM
On the ship, they can control which key you have - and give you the slowest one. Perhaps they even restrict where you can ride onboard, to lessen the risk of an accident? You most likely also sign a waiver as part of the rental agreement to reduce Disney's risk in case you do have an accident.

It's not the same as bringing your own seg into a Disney park.

Okeechobee Wind
02-13-2004, 11:57 AM
I am beginning to get the feeling someone is in chahootz with Disney.

jrmiller
02-17-2004, 10:06 AM
Hey Okeewind, If you get a chance drop me an e-mail. I would like to touch base with you. JR SEG-ON SEG-RIGHT :>)

Phil
03-06-2004, 11:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by X-man

quote:Originally posted by NLKotter

On the ship, they can control which key you have - and give you the slowest one. Perhaps they even restrict where you can ride onboard, to lessen the risk of an accident? You most likely also sign a waiver as part of the rental agreement to reduce Disney's risk in case you do have an accident.

It's not the same as bringing your own seg into a Disney park.

If simply and temporarily surrendering my yellow & red key before entering their property is the choice, I would gladly ride on the black key on their propery.
taully, I don'y carry my yellow key. I have a green key for demos and the yellow is my "send it in for a new set" key should I lose mine.

The Lone Glider! :)
Ahhh!,... but they don't know if you have another set of high speed keys hidden away to use just as you get around the corner on the inside. (it pays to be a conspiracy theorist)

Phil Webb
"Cherry IT Driver"