PDA

View Full Version : SEGWAY SUPPORT

Florida Ever-Glides
02-07-2004, 10:12 AM
I think it is time that Segway stepped up to the plate to assist any financially needy individual who could 'benefit' form the Segway HT. Many other large companies have programs that provide financal assistance to those who qualify. I understand that because of their lisence agreement with Johnson & Johnson they cannot market the Segway as a medical device but this should not preclude them from putting together a financial aid program.

Tom Jacobson

Segway City
02-07-2004, 02:15 PM
I'm not sure that would work as well as just plain lowering the price altogether and making HTs a fixture in society. If they were to get 100,000 of them sold, the price would drop to "expensive bicycle" range and the used market would follow. At that point, LLC wouldn't be holding paper on thousands of HTs that were worth less than the note due to market conditions. And if they wound up in the $1K-$1.5K range (really what they should be going for), charitable institutions would look at them as tools, not toys, and fund them regularly like any other assistive device.

Gotta go for the mainstream flood to help the masses, IMHO.

Florida Ever-Glides
02-07-2004, 03:23 PM
What I meant by financial assistance was not a loan, but a kind of grant for qualified 'financially needy' disabled individuals. Many companies that offer products or services have programs like this for 'qualified' cases.

If Segway is not ready to lower the price dramatically, this type of offering would be a wonderful boost to the quality of life of the financially needy disabled person.

Tom Jacobson