PDA

View Full Version : Some Thoughts

SegwayPete
01-31-2004, 01:20 PM
A National Association is a good thing,but what we really need to do is get Segway LLC to support us. Tour operators offer the finest form of sampling for potential buyers of units(I have myself sold over 30 units). What I would like to see Segway provide is the following:

A)On Segway.com, a comprehensive listing of all tour operators including city,tour location(s),hours of operation,scope of operation ie corporate and consumer event capability,how long in business etc.
B)Currently to get qoute "authorized" they make you jump through all the legal hoops.This is a bunch of crap and is akin to their stellar marketing efforts to date.
C)Provide corporate support WOW!! Maybe even have a corporate representative drop in now and then!!!! They seem to have the time to do one on one BROT training but never visit the people that are attracting potential buyers..DUH!
D)Provide ALL of us with Corporate Event leads that are specific to the geographical location(s) of each operator. (currently most leads are fed down to one or two agencies. Right Keith!!!
E)Give us a deal or at least "cost" pricing on spare parts especially BATTERIES!!!!!
F) Direct new Segway owners to recieve their BROT training at the nearest Segway Tour Operator location.(if feasible)

To me these suggestions are no brainers... but..well.. you know
how things are.
Our biggest collective problem is simple. THERE ARE MASSES OF PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT DON'T BELIEVE THEY CAN RIDE THE DEVICE!!! The only way to change this is one rental customer at a time!!!! This is only way our business will increase. This is why I strongly encourage new entrants into the business. If Suzy rode in New York she is more likely to take a tour in Florida or Vegas(Larry)while on vacation.
One final thought.. I see some of the prices out there and in my opinion some of you guys are giving it away.Test glides at 5 bucks for 10 mins.... what's with that? I have a theory that everything you do albeit test glides or tours should be centred around a buck a minute!The guy in Paris is nuts..95.00 for 4 hours??? I don't what to be with people for that long and I'm sure they don't want to be with me.Also.. loose the video watching.. the best way to learn how to ride a Segway,is to ride a Segway!
Thanx for letting me ramble.
Peter Beauchamp
www.technologyinmotion.ca

Florida Ever-Glides
02-02-2004, 09:57 AM
You're absolutely right. The best way to learn to ride a Segway is to ride a Segway. But as a commercial business the easiest way to get sued and lose is to not watch at least the relevent parts of the video.

Good luck, you may need it...

Tom Jacobson