PDA

View Full Version : Need a test ride

millpond11043
01-31-2004, 10:35 AM
I'm disabled but ambulatory and looking to test a Segway in the Jacksonville, Fl. area johnblue62@bellsouth.net I have noticed the segway being used by many disabled people and was wondering if it has been perscribed by Doctors or Therapist. Because it is fairly new there seems to be some resistance within the medical community but as I read through the forum I see many disabled people like me who are in need of something but not ready for a chair .

jrmiller
01-31-2004, 11:00 AM
Greetings Millpond, What is you disabiliy? I have Parkinsons and have owned my HT for about a year now. I live in the Tarpon Springs area of SW Central FL. I am a little far away but would be willing to give you a demo if you get close to this area. I think there may be someone closer to you, not sure but your post is freshly posted so give it some time. SEG-ON SEG-RIGHT JR

Betty Boom
02-04-2004, 04:31 PM
I have MS (live in Orlando) and think the HT is Perrrrrrrrfect. I tried it out at a store in Winter Park, FL called Relay (only 2 hours away from you) where I bought my Segway. They are very nice and very helpful. They have a website at relaytogo.com. I have a friend who also has MS who could not get balanced on the HT so it is not guaranteed to work but I think if you try one you will know right away if it's for you--Good luck!

Betty Boom