PDA

View Full Version : Segway and Buses?

insanecanes
01-29-2004, 01:36 AM
I am wondering whether anyone here has had experience with getting the Segway around using buses? I raise this as I do not drive. I use mass-transit to get around and have been investigating the possible ways of taking the Segway on the bus to other locations in my community.

I currently use the fixed route bus verses the dial-a-ride, due to a lack of reliability. The buses in some instances have a lift that comes down for passengers with wheelchairs or the front end drops to the curb to make the step up easier... a.k.a. the kneeler bus.

I am curious as to how people managed to negotiate the Segway on to the bus and how the unit is stowed during the "ride."

I have some doubts about using it on the buses and do anticipate a level of resistance on the part of the drivers. Currently, I am trying to identify key officials within the transport system to orient them to the Segway. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kerry

SegwayUtah
01-31-2004, 03:16 PM
Kerry,

If you are "less abled," you should be able to use the ramp and tie down your HT with cords. I can't see anyone giving you grief. I don't even know if they can, really, if you're using it like a wheelchair.

I've used HTs on a number of buses as a seemingly "abled person." An HT and mass-transit is a great way to go.

E-mail me privately if I can be of any other help. Also, where are you located?

Chris