PDA

View Full Version : Need more moderators

SegwayBill
01-26-2004, 12:50 PM
Segwaychat is growing there are new members everyday. We will have a new logo soon! It seems like some of the founding members have hit burn out, and no longer participate. We need a few of our computer savy members to step up to the plate and help our growth. I would volunteer but lack the necessary skills. What do you all think?

Bill

segwayowner
01-26-2004, 01:06 PM
yes, i agree... it just seems like the mods do mostly stuff behind the scenes, they dont add to the forums much...

DES: Segway owner....
it has a nice ring to it

Dwarf84396
01-26-2004, 02:54 PM
Well, if you need someone who has some good programming/HTML coding experience, then I would vounlteer my time to help keeing SC alive.

Ben

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once
Ashleigh Brilliant

kagudesu
01-26-2004, 03:15 PM
I'm a desiger for both print and web. I'd be happy to lend a hand to the front end part of things. We could refresh the pages a bit.

Sorry, doesn't help with the Mods request, just thought I'd offer.

Cheers,

Andrew Crow

You own a Segway, now buy a Macintosh.

dhugger
01-26-2004, 03:42 PM
I can do some graphics if/when I get a few hours to spare (this semester is gonna be rough).

-Derek Hugger-

pt
01-26-2004, 04:58 PM
jeez. bill, i can't speak for the others, but the only burn out i have is the jet engines i am sitting on. i'm traveling a lot for my job.

cheers,
pt

nocanfly
01-26-2004, 08:04 PM
Well pt, he did say "SOME" of the founding members were burnt out. Maybe he wasn't talking about you. It's not always about you. Chill dude! :)

GlideMaster
01-26-2004, 08:52 PM
<center>I think this is just a slow time of the year. </center>

This time last year a topic couldn't stay on the front page more than a few hours. Now days a topic can stay on the front page a few days.

I think I was the only one already gliding at will this time last year. Everyone else was waiting for the end of February to start receiving their gliders. There was so much excitement building up to that day when they started shipping to the public.

I think the modirators are still around just not much going on at this point in time. Also some of us x-man, Brooster, father and ladytime and myself are just too busy making snow men.

<center>If the weather is right for a glide, take IT outside.</center>

<center>http://www.segwaychat.com/forum/avatars/glidemaster.gif</center>

charmed
01-26-2004, 09:03 PM
Well, you got your founding members (ftropea, nocanfly, casey, lawerence and your's truly), and then you got your moderators, if you want to get technical.

Not much in the way of posting via the founders as of late.

Can anyone shed any light on what has become of ftropea? Someone here must know something. Should we be worried?

Blinky
01-26-2004, 09:31 PM
I am still here, don't I count? :)

pt
01-26-2004, 10:14 PM
you're right nocan, it was wrong of me to assume that.

charmed
01-26-2004, 11:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by Blinky

I am still here, don't I count? :)

shoot. my bad. sorry, blinky. but to be fair, the rest of us didn't know about you til after the initial tiq exodus, if i remember correctly.

didn't mean to dis you, buddy;) (or, in fact, take you for granted).

Can I send you an email?

ftropea
01-27-2004, 12:14 AM
No burn out here..

Hey, it wasn't that long ago that folks were kinda getting sick of hearing from me and the other mods all the time ;)

Anywayz.. it's good to be back and have more time now. The last few months have been kinda hectic.. With work, the holidays, family and tons of other stuff.. it's enough to make your head spin!

Thanks to Blinky, Pam and pt for keeping the site going!

Regards,

Frank A. Tropea

[/sc] Admin - "Keep your wheels on the ground!" - Contact Me (segwaychat@segwaychat.com)

SegwayBill
01-27-2004, 01:26 AM
Frank its been so long, glad to hear from you. Looks like I rattled some cages!
PT, Blinky, The GlideMaster and Pam have done a stellar job.( Hope I got everybody.)
Its almost a year and we are stronger then every thanks to your great moderation.
My health has improved and allowed me to become involved with First , I am mentoring a rookie team in my neighborhood. One of my first lesson was Empowering the students help them grow and learn. We need to grow and empower members want to help.
Frank will you make it to the next Seg and Skate? We had a lot of fun last weekend.

Bill

charmed
01-27-2004, 01:58 AM
Glad to see ya, Frank.

gotseg
02-07-2004, 04:59 PM
wb, missed ya.

gotseg?

No profit grows where is no pleasure ta'en:
In brief, sir, study what you most affect.