PDA

View Full Version : Miami beach rentals

ZoliHonig
01-10-2004, 08:14 PM
Hey guys,
I'm going to Miami beach for winter break. Down there there is a place called Electric Rentals, they rent out segway's down there for $20 - 1/2 hour, $35- 1 hour $225- 1 day (12 hours).
You think it's a good deal?
Also, any segers down there? If there are- How is it on the beach and is it allowed on the boardwalk?

-Zoli

mrleisure
01-11-2004, 01:41 AM
South Beach stands out in my mind as one of the most fun and interesting places I've ridden. It seems like almost anything goes down there- I don't believe you'll get hassled.

SegwayChat member Pepper lives in the area- He is the bike builder who customized his I with giant motorcycle wheels and fenders.

"In the future, we will all drive standing up"
David Byrne, in 1984

Relay
01-11-2004, 02:12 AM
In a shameless plug, Relay Key Biscayne at the Sonesta Beach Resort does Segway excursions and tours throughout Key Biscayne (after a quick training in the parking lot). We have also just established a partnership with the Bill Baggs State Park where we will be doing Segway Safaris into the park in conjunction with the Park Rangers.

pepper
01-15-2004, 11:57 AM
Hey Zoli,
I may have the right segway for you! Planning to go the beach with it? No problem! Is it legal? I don't think so but I did it several time with a new mod segway that Joe and I build it. BTW this one is not the Orange Monster. I do rent segway for guided architectural and historical tours in South Beach Art Deco District and in the beautiful city of Coral Gables. I also offer a free courtesy van that will pick you up at the hotel (if it is in town) and you may be allowed to see in person the Orange Monster. I do offer daily rental, if you wish to do so, and cut you a good deal for a multi-day rental
Send me an e-mail if you are interested and enjoy your stay in sunny Miami Beach.
Ciao,
Peppe

SegwayPete
01-22-2004, 07:44 PM
Hey Zoli
Come on down.. our tour thru Lummus Park is awesome
We are located at 233 11th street in the heart of South beach.
C U soon
Thanks PB