PDA

View Full Version : Keys for Segway

Deviant
12-29-2003, 01:52 AM
Just a reminder for those who don't scan down the entire list. It has been some time since I posted, but I do still offer duplicates of your Segway keys, or custom key speeds (your choice of turning and maximum speeds capped by top red maximum).

My prices on duplicates are cheaper than Segway LLC's; I offer ultrafast turnaround, and last I heard, Segway LLC doesn't offer custom turning/maximum keys for sale (though they have approved of custom speeds).

The most popular custom keys are slow turn/max speed (black/red), and ultra slow training (black turning/slower than black maximum).

Cheers,
Deviant the KeyMaker

SegwayPete
12-30-2003, 01:56 PM
Hi Deviant
What's the chances of you making me Fleet keys #0 Seg's
The boyz in New Hampshire won't do it. Can you???
Let me know
SegwayPete

SegwayPete
12-30-2003, 01:57 PM
Sorry
Should read 30 Segs

Deviant
12-30-2003, 05:03 PM
Segway LLC has their own version of fleet keying. It requires having all 30 control bases reprogrammed to have an additional key code added to it - very expensive, but could be worth it for some. This additional key code is then used for as many or few keys as you would like (I can duplicate those), whereby a single key can operate any of the units in that fleet. I believe they can even issue multiple levels of fleet key numbers, so for example, each department has a department fleet key, but there is also a company-wide fleet key number for all of the units. (two layers max, I believe)

However, I do not reprogram base units, and I currently do not make keys capable of holding multiple key numbers allowing the user to select a particular one for a particular machine. Sorry.

Now, if you want multiple sets of 30 labelled keys (labels matching labels on machines) - THAT I can do, and cheaper than LLC.

divebuddy
01-07-2004, 01:01 AM
I would like to have you make me two 12.5 keys without the key fobs. I want to mount these on a finger ring for ease of use. Is there anything in the design of these assamblies that precludes mounting them on either precious or base metals like stainless steel?

Particularly, does water or static affect these adversely?

What is your fee for this service?

Mark Hannifin

Deviant
01-08-2004, 11:43 AM
Yes, I can make keys/ibuttons without the fobs. The iButtons are stainless steel, flat on the bottom, and the bottom plate is slightly larger, proving a small rim to lock it into the fob. They are designed to be impervious to the elements, such as water, and I believe they do well when faced with normal static electricity. I've been carrying mine in my pocket, along with various other metals, cloths, etc., for over a year without a problem.

I'll email you privately on costs, address, etc. The price does change over time, which is one reason I feel it is inappropriate to list on a searchable forum. When I first started this service, I charged around $45 apiece. Now it is less than $30, and quantities can be less than $20. Again, these change over time. It's good odds that I've got the best deal.

offngo
03-31-2004, 06:19 AM
How did the ring mount work out? How did you attach it?
Mel

offngo
04-03-2004, 03:43 AM
Greg
I received my blue and green keys today. The softer turning radius with top speed is great, and a safety feature , especially for indoor use. Thanks.
Mel

Mel Mellinger
800 662 8557

ulsterseg1
06-02-2004, 05:45 PM
is there a key that will let the seg go faster

pam
06-02-2004, 05:59 PM
Ultraseg,
The answer to your question is - no - top speed is set by the software. YOu can work up to the top speed, and do combinations of yawl speeds and forward speeds, but the fastest you can go on regular Segway tires is 12.5 mph.
Pam